Does the world owe you a living?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imadoofus

MB Enthusiast
Car
This and that.
Simple question.

Do you think you're that special?

Do you think you're the only person ever to have a child?

If so, try this! :mad:

Well I guess I'm not surprised. ebay has encouraged this type of behaviour by not stamping it out in the past. Good luck to the seller for having the gall and shame on anyone who has the stupidity to bid.

Mind you if you read the feedback comments, they seem to buy stuff from ebay, so where is the logic, they like simple pleasures like everyone else... go figure :crazy:

The problem today is that people want to achieve (or have that sense of achievment) without the struggle. This is just "chugging (charity mugging)" gone one step too far!

Seems Strange to me but if they want to be morallistic why is the starting bid over £30,000? Those with kids know that over their life time they reckon parents spend approx £100,000 on each :bannana: :bannana: child.

why is the starting bid over £30,000?

because she wants to bid on one of those mercs :rolleyes: so she can take
her new born around looking at the poor people on their way to work . . .

Its no different to standing on a street corner or high street by a cash point etc. You cant do it so why should it be aloud on Ebay. I posted something similar a while back. :mad:

that takes some balls...

people will try anything nowadays to earn money the easy way.

interesting to see if anyone bids....

fuzzer said:
poor people ... :rolleyes:

Do you mean 'poor' as in feeling sorry for them or 'poor' as in not wealthy people ?

mobeyone said:
that takes some balls...

people will try anything nowadays to earn money the easy way.

interesting to see if anyone bids....

Even if they do bid , would be difficult to uphold the bid.

That would cost money for them to do .. :D

Let's be honest we could all do with more money. So some of us go out and earn it by staring small businesses or bettering ourselves by getting additional qualifications etc.
Unfortunately I have freinds who I could imagine doing something like this as they seriously think everyone owes them a bloody favour.
I work my tits off and I'm now in a decent position but I have freinds who think that because I started off as a manual worker, electrician, I should go round their houses and install extra lights or sort out their heating programmers for them and because I now earn a damn site more than them I don't actually need paying.

Makes me puke

Rant over, sorry :eek:

tee hee we all get that "aww go on do us a quick job for free".

For 25 years I worked as a session musician and I could guarantee as soon as I was asked what I did at a party or anything a guitar would appear from nowhere along with the mandatory "give us a tune then" :)

Funny, if I said I was a gynaecologist or a dentist nobody asked for a quick inspection/filling then :D

If people want to take the easy way to try and get hold of a few quid then good luck to them it's no different to the "eye want" adverts which have been appearing in Private Eye for many years or even playing the lottery - I'm sure most of us are guilty of trying that particular get rich quick scheme at some time in the past.

C'mon guys - isn't it time we were a little less judgemental or have we all become perfect since joining this forum ?

Andy

andy_k said:
have we all become perfect since joining this forum ?
Always was, mate. Always was... ;)

Like Marcos, I have one or two friends who believe that because we started from the same point, we should be at the same point now, and the fact that I have worked hard to get where I am, and they haven't seems to them irrelevant.

I don't think I'm too judgemental; it's just that people with this kind of attitude denegrate my efforts and those of many others. I didn't come from a priviledged background, and I got no 'leg-up' when I was at, or when I left school. I've had debts in the past, and I've had less than sufficient money in the bank. I'm now debt-free, very solvent, two homes, etc and I did it by working hard, not begging.

Yes, I play the lottery, but nobody seriously plays the lottery as a pension plan. Nobody uses a lottery ticket as collateral against a loan. Nobody expects to win, so they carry on a usual, working if they can to put food on the table.

I know you're right, Andy. I should lighten up. Usually, I'm easy going, but there's always going to be something that really riles you. This is that thing in my case.

Grrrr.

PJ

andy_k said:
tee hee we all get that "aww go on do us a quick job for free".

For 25 years I worked as a session musician and I could guarantee as soon as I was asked what I did at a party or anything a guitar would appear from nowhere along with the mandatory "give us a tune then" :)

Funny, if I said I was a gynaecologist or a dentist nobody asked for a quick inspection/filling then :D

If people want to take the easy way to try and get hold of a few quid then good luck to them it's no different to the "eye want" adverts which have been appearing in Private Eye for many years or even playing the lottery - I'm sure most of us are guilty of trying that particular get rich quick scheme at some time in the past.

C'mon guys - isn't it time we were a little less judgemental or have we all become perfect since joining this forum ?

Andy

You think you have it bad... try working in IT .. every tom **** and harry wants a freebie ....!! :devil:

I'm half with Andy on this, friends are friends and I would feel embarrassed to ask for money, however I would object if they tried taking advantage, I suppose I must be a soft touch. On the other hand I cannot tolerate beggars.

I'm so thick I cannot understand the point of the Ebay post!! What is she\he actually saying :eek: :eek:

Andy
You never got the gee tar out whilst you were here :p :)

Regards,
John the thickie

glojo said:
I'm so thick I cannot understand the point of the Ebay post!! What is she\he actually saying :eek: :eek:

Regards,
John the thickie

She wants someone to give her £30,000 :crazy:

Thmsshaun said:
She wants someone to give her £30,000 :crazy:

Yer what!!!! :eek: :eek: I understand now why folks are commenting. Pays to be thick and not understand these begging letters.

Pity she has not posted her address otherwise I could arrange copious test drives of numerous different cars :rolleyes:

Regards,
John

I was so disappointed I couldnt even see a merc or porsche or aston there,.... how do I complain? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom