Does this car actually exist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_b

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250CDI (C320CDI & SLK350, Sold) & the Trusty Citigo
I've been looking for a C class (or possibly E ) Estate. Budget 10k or so.

Has to be diesel and auto. Also has to have cruise control and xenon lights (factory fit).

Nice to haves like comand , leather etc, but not essential.

I've spend hours traveling, and phoning people who have just this for sale, except don't really - the xenon lights are just ordinary blue-tinted bulbs, the estate is a saloon and the auto has suddenly become a manual.

I know they exist, I've seen some (sadly not for sale), but are they really that uncommon?

Hey Colin I have one exactly as you describe,,,but not for sale Sorry.

Hey Colin I have one exactly as you describe,,,but not for sale Sorry.

Where did you get it? Does it have any sisters? (or sould that be siblings?)
rolleyes.gif

No doubt finished in 'Hen's Tooth Silver'.....

Just checked AutoTrader, there are 172 C class and 97 E class cars for sale at less than £10K that match your diesel, auto, estate specifications... they'll almost certainly have cruise control and you'll have to check the xenon option by filtering further with keywords too.

HTH.

Q.

Has to be diesel and auto. Also has to have cruise control and xenon lights (factory fit).

I've spend hours traveling, and phoning people who have just this for sale, except don't really - the xenon lights are just ordinary blue-tinted bulbs, the estate is a saloon and the auto has suddenly become a manual.

I know they exist, I've seen some (sadly not for sale), but are they really that uncommon?

For cars built after 1999, ideally 2000 onwards.

- COMAND
- Phone
- Xenon
- voice control
- Cruise control
- new heated leathers for the seats.

These can all be fitted after the fact. I wouldnt stress over it. Just get a solid car and put aside 3K to get it just the way you want it.

I would be looking for an automatic car with memory seats and no options other than leather. Some of the items you specify are very cheap to add in. Cruise control is not even difficult.

Last edited:
- COMAND
- Phone
- Xenon
- voice control
- Cruise control
- new heated leathers for the seats.

Mines got all that:), but its a saloon so ill just go now!:D

If you are not going to do big miles have a look at the 320 and 430 petrol versions usually very high spec.

Lynall

I don't agree with MIRO ( no offence intended ) because £3000 is a high proportion of a sub £10,000 car. Keep looking you'll get what you want. I don't have Comand ( debateable value anyway ) and still changed for £4000net of trade in @£1000.

Diesels with autos are not uncommon but estates are a lot rarer than saloons.

You could definitely get a 211-series E-Class for that budget. Cruise control is included with the auto gearbox and avantgarde spec cars come with xenons as standard. You would probably be looking at an early car with circa 90k miles.

E-Class Search (restricting to diesel, autos, estates, min 9k, max 11k, with xenon in the search field) on Autotrader Buy a used MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS Car - Auto Trader UK gave only 5 possibles.

A similar search for C-Class gave no results (due to the xenon lights). If you search without xenons then there are 44 cars available.

Looks interesting, except for the xenons (which I suspect will be difficult to retro-fit).

I'm not sure what the Brabus bit means, is that 'go faster' in that model?

I was going to point out that you could find a car cheaper with fewer options and then option it yourself but then I realised you wouldn't listen to me so I decided to say nothing.

I was going to point out that you could find a car cheaper with fewer options and then option it yourself but then I realised you wouldn't listen to me so I decided to say nothing.

I'll listen to anything, I think you have a valid and practical point. One I hadn't considered.

I believe that the xenon lights will be difficult to retro fit though ( it seems complicated). Source the headlamp housings, modify the electrics, update the computer, auto levelling units (if they aren't built in), and headlamp washers.

I'd guess (unless anyone knows better) you'd be looking at £1,200 or so.

The xenon lights are important for me, as I live in the middle of nowhere, and drive a lot on narrow, twisty roads with no lights and sheep and drunken cumbrians wandering around. My SLK has them, and they are, pardon the pun, brilliant enough for me not to want another car without them

Cruise control is probably easy, and comand I can live without.

Looks interesting, except for the xenons (which I suspect will be difficult to retro-fit).

I'm not sure what the Brabus bit means, is that 'go faster' in that model?

Yep. The Brabus in CDI spec is rare. Go for it. I reckon about 225 BHP. Cruise control is standard. This one has Comand.

Yep. The Brabus in CDI spec is rare. Go for it. I reckon about 225 BHP. Cruise control is standard. This one has Comand.

The Financial Controller says its too big and won't fit in the garage...

Back to the C class drawing board.:doh:

Well, finally sorted.

The E class was judged to be too big, and the right spec C couldn't be found, so not a Mercedes, which is a shame.

Eventually came up with a Vauxhall Astra, which was exceeded my requirements. A 58 reg, 6 month old one with 6k miles.

I'd rather have a C, but I'll wait a couple of years, and see what is available then.

Thanks for the advice and pointers, its appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom