Does your wife/gf slam your cars door?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Riva811

Car
CL500 Blueefficiency
Mine does, so does a lot of people's. We even observed couples coming out of their car [emoji16]
Sometimes my passenger door headrest moves up and down due to the hard slam.

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

They used to, but now we have a BMW with soft close doors they don’t ever properly close the doors on our Discovery! One night a back door was open all night in the bloody rain!

Kids!

They used to, but now our BMW has soft close doors they don’t ever properly close the doors on our Discovery! One night a back door was open all night in the bloody rain!

Kids!
I have soft closing as well but only to my enjoyment

I do often open the door for people I care about ( not just her ladyship ) , however , as often as not , if I'm dropping her off the problem is she doesn't close the door firmly enough .

The other irk is that she often gets out with the seatbelt partly around her , and traps it in the door as she closes it - that REALLY bugs me . No point saying anything as it would just cause an argument ...

Nope, as she knows I have soft close. However, anyone else who get's in my car seems to slam them stupidly hard!

When-A-Man-Opens-The-Car-Door-For-His-Wife-ItS-Either-A-New-Car-Or-A-New-Wife.-%C2%BB-Prince-Philip.jpg

Mrs Edd1968 never slams the doors. And always leaves it a split second before opening her doors to allow the window to drop slightly.
Got her well trained. She drives a CLK herself you know!! ;)
... and she gets mighty p1ssed off when someone else does it to her car.
... She's a keeper!! ;)

Mine dont, but they do have a annoying habit of when shutting the door not using the handles so leave grubbing claw marks on the glass or black trim up the side of the doors lol
Oh yeah that pisses me off as well. Even the woman driving the c63 in the advert does that.

Longest I have kept a car is 9 years ( 450sl ) . After 44 years of marriage I let her get in and out of the car in her own time.

I find this difficult to write such is the pain it brings out in me. But here goes.

My Father in Law. At the slightest, smallest, teeniest manifestation of windscreen fogging up, manages with the slight of a Ninja to rub the back of his great, greasy paws all over the inside of my car windows. Done so quickly, one has no time to shout any warning or threat. I’m just left sat there listening to the Eeh, eeh, eeh, eeh of his hand swiping in great arcs all over my glass.

It numbs me and has caused some tension between us. To the point that journeys are then carried in silence, apart from the gentle humm of the perfectly adequate Mercedes window blowers going about there routine.

Then..... He often like to leave the car by closing the door (any door) by swinging it with both hands so that it achieves light speed, before trapping the seat belt buckle between the door and the door jam. Thus leaving a pattern of seat belt clonks in my inert door pillars. He always then feels the need to apologise. Before repeating his pre-flight routine. Sorry - Clonk - Sorry - Clonk.

I have seriously contemplating muttering him in my driveway. Just shut the door without attempting to separate it from the cars bodywork. Leave the windows alone please. The technology works. There is no requirement to leave your DNA smeared all over the inside of my windows. Jeez he leaves the car looking like a kidnap victim was trapped, pressed suffocating against my windscreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree all the things pointed out in the posts drive you mad,the worst one for me was ferrying a old friend of my wives,she used to need to be in the front passenger seat,and after a couple of minutes of the trip she used to wipe the door window with the back of her hand which had a diamond ring on it,you guessed it a nice scratch ,which I managed to get removed,until the next time,gave up eventually,the only thing that solved this problem was when the old women died,and no I did not order a hit on her,but I did consider it.

It's taken me over a year to train both of my partners not to slam the doors on my Focus, no doubt when the C43 arrives I'll have to do it all over again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom