Does your wife/gf slam your cars door?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Direct correlation between force of slam and how pi££ed off with me she is. So pretty much every time the glass nearly falls out. That's what you get for being married to a nut job

Not specifically GF/wife related however I hate letting people get items out of my boot as they always try and manually close the electric tailgate :mad:. I got sick of shouting "It's electric!" The boot button on the drivers door comes in handy for this reason alone. My mam is the worst offender, when sitting in front passenger seat she would put her bag on her knee and the seat right up to the dash. Drove my Dad mental as the buckles on the bag marked the hell out of the dash on his W204. When she is in my car she knows that the bag goes on the floor or in the rear.

What annoys me is if my wife does not close the door - e.g. we are about to leave and she has forgotten something and has to rush back into the house. Jumps out and rushes off leaving the door open or not properly closed. :wallbash:

What about dirty shoes on freshly vacuumed mats? Especially black ones.

Fortunately my wife is as obsessive as I am about slamming doors.
Unfortunately we have friends who always slam car doors, drives me mad!

Not so much slamming doors but leaving them open at inopportune moments!

So I'll ask her if she'll see me back towards something, she'll get out and leave the door wide open. So if for any reason I have to drive forward or out of the space I've got the door wide open. Alternately, she'll offer to see me back and stand in the exact spot where I can't see her then walk back up and go, 'Why aren't you moving!'.

Reactions: 219
[ ii

Last edited:
I have the same problem mine will stand where I can't see her or stand where I want to be going despite many reminders before she gets out.

Phew not just me. Don’t get me onto directions though.

Me : Left or right here?
Mrs : Yes
Me : F*ck my life
Mrs : We always argue when I have to give directions!

No wonder hahaha

I have a neighbour (or neighbours) who slam their car doors so hard my house shakes - and it's a solidly built 1930s house too! I'm just waiting for the time when they leave their fingers in the door when they do it. I won't mind the shriek of pain or the sound of the ambulance.......

What annoys me is if my wife does not close the door - e.g. we are about to leave and she has forgotten something and has to rush back into the house. Jumps out and rushes off leaving the door open or not properly closed. :wallbash:
Yep , my OH does that too - I’ve become quite adept at backing up gently then a quick surge of acceleration forward to slam it shut .

She does the same with her own car - will come in with shopping and forgets she’s left the door wide open outside !

No wonder hahaha
My wife always asks why did I turn right there (say)...I say, well, I usually turn left, but knew I'd be wrong with you in the car and so...

My wife always ask why did I turn right there (say)...I say well, I usually turn left, but knew I'd be wrong with you in the car and so...
Haha epic. Of the worse passengers ever is my mother who doesn't drive;
Why did you pick this route?
Turn left here
Car is turning into lane 1 and I am in Lane 2; CAREFUL
Trying to change from lane 1 to 2, she checks the side mirror and sees a car behind and panics and shouts, I myself go back into lane 2 in fear that I missed a car in Lane 1...

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

No wonder hahaha

SatNAv saved my marriage - wife gets car sick looking at maps, does not really understand them especially, if the orientation is wrong (for her) and would just guess at directions and hope for the best. I'd pull over snatch the map and a row would follow........:wallbash:

SatNAv saved my marriage - wife gets car sick looking at maps, does not really understand them especially, if the orientation is wrong (for her) and would just guess at directions and hope for the best. I'd pull over snatch the map and a row would follow........:wallbash:

I dread to think how it would go if my other half had a map to read. I think it would end up with the death of one of us! haha

My other half by her own admittance struggles with left and right. Not that she doesn't know but if it's on the fly and she has to give a direction, it's mostly like when she says left she means right!

Turn right here.......No, the other right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom