Does your wife/gf slam your cars door?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wouldn’t say it’s a wife/girlfriend thing, all my non driving friends do it. Or the ones that drive shitboxes.

I had a BMW E39 touring with an electric lock on the boot, so you just need to give it the most gentle push and t will electronically lock. Everyone used to slam it as hard as they could - one friend even made some of the trim pop off/break, it was so hard.

I’ve kicked up enough fuss that they actually do it TOO gently now haha

Maybe my next car will have an electronic tailgate and self shutting doors :)

SatNAv saved my marriage - wife gets car sick looking at maps, does not really understand them especially, if the orientation is wrong (for her) and would just guess at directions and hope for the best. I'd pull over snatch the map and a row would follow........:wallbash:
Completely the opposite for me. - When we first bought a SatNav my wife accused it of lying about the route because it wasn't how she would have planned it from the map.
It ended-up smashed on the pavement in a fit of rage.

Fortunately she accepts that COMAND knows what it's doing and she doesn't argue with it... either that or its because I removed the map books from the car. o_O

Woman belong me is just awful with doors. If I leave it open, it should be closed and vice versa. She rarely closes the car door at all on leaving the vehicle and will always try to end up with the door card in her hand on entry. I don't know if she was born in a swing door brothel or just Dorset.

I'm loving all the reponses on here, it feels more like a therapy thread :p
It is indeed

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

SWMBO Is a non door slamming person, but she takes 3 or 4 goes to get it shut .
Then when she’s sitting compfy and the seat belt butler hands her the seat belt she Pulls it for all she’s worth as though it may spring back never to return to her.
On one occasion she pulled it so hard it became jammed fully extended , That was a row I remember vividly.

Does your wife/gf slam your cars door?

Not anymore.
We're separated now.:)

What bugs you more, car door being slammed or bonnet being slammed? :D

I always rush to the rear of the E280 CDI Sports Estate to stop present gf from slamming the tailgate.
She can never get the hang of it.
I had to replace the motor a couple of years ago.
According to MB main dealer, they sell dozens of these !!!!
Is it the women ... or is it crappy motors ... or both ??

My other pet hate is members of the fairer sex who appear to need to shut seat belt buckles in doors.
Makes my blood boil

One of my pet peeves! Especially if the window is down in a coupe and the framless door is slammed:eek:

Oh yes, her indoors is one slam away from finding her seating arrangements either in the boot or on the roof rack. ;)o_O

Yes, the wife does all of the above. I thought it was a normal part of marriage!
Worse still is the friend with a heavy buckled leather bag who says he can usually get it into the passenger footwell.
No, said I it goes in the boot that's why we have a boot.
Second week I opened the boot for him but turned away at a critical moment only to look back and see him forcing the lid shut against the motor. Yes it's booked in for repair shortly and next time he walks, no more favours.
Why oh why can't boot motors have some kind of slipping clutch to avoid this.

Yes, the wife does all of the above. I thought it was a normal part of marriage!
Worse still is the friend with a heavy buckled leather bag who says he can usually get it into the passenger footwell.
No, said I it goes in the boot that's why we have a boot.
Second week I opened the boot for him but turned away at a critical moment only to look back and see him forcing the lid shut against the motor. Yes it's booked in for repair shortly and next time he walks, no more favours.
Why oh why can't boot motors have some kind of slipping clutch to avoid this.
I thought they could be closed manually with no damage? At least mine can...

I thought they could be closed manually with no damage? At least mine can..

Interesting! Mine can't, if you press it slowly it feels like you are forcing a motor or something to turn slowly.
Often it will often close about a third, hesitate, then close.
Other times it bounces and then stays open.
Other times it just gently closes.
There are no obstructions and it been like it since new. I took it back to Dealer originally but got the usual they're all like that.
Be interesting to hear from other 2016 C class owners.

I thought they could be closed manually with no damage? At least mine can..

Interesting! Mine can't, if you press it slowly it feels like you are forcing a motor or something to turn slowly.
Often it will often close about a third, hesitate, then close.
Other times it bounces and then stays open.
Other times it just gently closes.
There are no obstructions and it been like it since new. I took it back to Dealer originally but got the usual they're all like that.
Be interesting to hear from other 2016 C class owners.
With both my ML's (2009 and 2012) I could manually close the tailgate without damaging the motor. MB must have changed their motors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom