Does your wife/gf slam your cars door?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Everything as already mentioned, plus rolling the seat belts until they get stuck in a buckle which is usually fixed with one hard pull just enough to twist it completely. This hard pull of a buckle comes at a speed greater than a speed of sound so my Noooo scream is always late.

Not so much the wife but the MIL still thinks she needs to slam the door to get it to shut properly , like she had to do in the 60`s + 70s.

She did it once many years ago and the shopping bag she was carrying swung so hard its contents dented the rear door , i was fuming.

After numerous arguments the wife and daughter now put their handbags on the back seat or in the boot as i was fed up with the glovebox lid being scratched with them forcing the bags between their knees and the glovebox when entering or leaving the car. :wallbash:

Kenny

my kids and wife have learned over the years if they don't respect the car, i will shout at them :D

No one dares to slam the door, put their feet on the chair or dashboard, undo the seat belt and just fling it back, pulling my electric boot lid down, eating and drinking messy stuff, makes me angry just thinking about what they did :wallbash::D

DRIVES ME FCUKING MAD [emoji35]
PARTNER STEP DAUGHTER BOTH DO IT DESPITE ME CONSTANTLY SAYING NOT TO[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i have the same problem, i've started getting the door for my wife like when we were first dating lol!

My wife slams the doors on all my cars and if I dare admonish her she gives me the evils. Think it's something to do with her driving a Defender in the past. She has also ****ed the passenger side glass on the 211 with her diamond ring and scratched through the paintwork on the rear wing getting out of the Porsche. Her mother has several times managed to close the rear door on the seat belt catch dinging the pillar on the Merc estate. I've married into a ham fisted family.

My wife slams the doors on all my cars and if I dare admonish her she gives me the evils. Think it's something to do with her driving a Defender in the past. She has also ****ed the passenger side glass on the 211 with her diamond ring and scratched through the paintwork on the rear wing getting out of the Porsche. Her mother has several times managed to close the rear door on the seat belt catch dinging the pillar on the Merc estate. I've married into a ham fisted family.
That's a good tip don't buy diamond rings

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

Car doors, fridge doors, freezer doors, they all get more force than necessary.

Here's a tip; don't both close your car doors at the exact same time or the increase in air pressure will mean they need more force. One door at a time and a gentle approach is all that's needed.

I have noticed there is s “fashion” statement on the increase for younger people (no not just young ladies) to sit in the passenger seat with their bare feet mounted atop the dashboard. What is this all about? Apart from the obvious thought of the horrific injuries caused should they “submarine” forward in the event of a front impact. There is the thought of stinking, cheesy feet, depositing their sweaty fluids all over the dash and it looks pants. Not cool, not classy, just pants.

You peasants don't open the door for your wives?
No, I have the driver do it for her, I do not wish to call him our Chauffeur don't you know old boy, otherwise he will simply get ideas way above his station and soon he will be insisting on being allowed to sleep in the guest house instead of the barn...horrid little man. :D

Mine doesn’t, however, I once gave a lift to a colleague whom proceeded to shut the door on my Coupé with Hulk-like power; by using the window!

Do these tools now know what a ****ing handle is for?

5 grubby paw marks left behind. A window that almost shattered at being bent in the top corner and a door that slammed shut so hard the whole car moved.

On the r129 it is even worse when passengers close the door by pushing the top of the glass instead of using the metal part of the door to close the door.

You can see the glass bend a bit and me saying do not close it by pushing in the window !!!

But all of them slam the doors shut.

No, I have the driver do it for her, I do not wish to call him our Chauffeur don't you know old boy, otherwise he will simply get ideas way above his station and soon he will be insisting on being allowed to sleep in the guest house instead of the barn...horrid little man. :D
That’s a no then

On the r129 it is even worse when passengers close the door by pushing the top of the glass instead of using the metal part of the door to close the door.

Yup a pet hate of mine ... I've seen that so many times with frameless windows. Nobody has ever tried it on my car though!

The tailgate on our Vito needs a bit of care when closing - it's fine if the other doors are already closed, but otherwise has to be lowered most of the way down before letting go - otherwise there's an almighty slam. Seems I'm the only person in our family who can be bothered to do this though!

I have noticed there is s “fashion” statement on the increase for younger people (no not just young ladies) to sit in the passenger seat with their bare feet mounted atop the dashboard. What is this all about? Apart from the obvious thought of the horrific injuries caused should they “submarine” forward in the event of a front impact. There is the thought of stinking, cheesy feet, depositing their sweaty fluids all over the dash and it looks pants. Not cool, not classy, just pants.

Never mind submarining, what about when the airbag goes off??

Women - can't live with 'em, not allowed to kill 'em.....
FIFY :)

Most of the time the other half doesn't slam the door, but sometimes does. Whatever, it's almost certainly my fault though...

I feel a creative moment coming on here folks.

It’s a Saturday Night it’s 8:00pm the kettle is on and so is Telly.

Dah dah dah da. Dah Dah Dah. Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you Strictly Come Car Door Slamming. It’s a hit already.

Various cars will, at random have their doors ripped open by groups of our relatives. Then, on a given signal, Granny Avril or, Aunty Alice will take hold of your car door and within a defined time window have to shut it using only their own muscle power.

Bonus points would be awarded for a two handed slam or, a foot assisted drop kick.

The more door parts that fly off, the greater the number of bonus points awarded.

If a contestant can get the car to move sideways in a pre-prepared grid? That would attract additional prizes.

Technique would be studied, ensuring that strict rules are followed. Thus avoiding any instances of Cousin Mabel lifting both feet of the deck to gain additional flight traction.

Contestants or teams caught using mechanical aids (door closers, electric motors and the like) would be disqualified.

The use of scissor doors is frowned upon and would just not be welcomed.

Flatulence especially of the “wet” variety, will be treated and ruled on as “wind assistance”. Basically not British and not allowed.

Kerr Ching.

Whoo Hooo.

Last edited:
I must be alone in getting annoyed at people who can’t shut doors properly and then have to be told to use more force ( usually the owners of Pacific rim cr@p with paper thin doors which might fall apart with too much force applied ) .

My car doors are solid things , and there’s nothing more satisfying than the solid think of one being firmly closed .

I do remember quite fondly the zero torque locks used on some of the British cars of the sixties , which you could just press shut with a satisfying snick ; less fondly I remember the Wilmot- Breeden FS keys which were almost universal in that they would fit and open just about any car so equipped .

I did like on my Triumph Herald that I could remove the ignition key and leave the engine running ... not quite sure why .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom