Dog owners.....hang the lot of them!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ALFAitalia

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 ALFA 159 2.0 JTDM, Merc A170 (W169), Merc CLK 200K (C209) gone, 1999 Merc SLK 230K (R170) gone.
OK......not literally but I might have got your attention. 😄

Just to clarify....I don't have a dog at the moment.....but have had several working Springers, a Jack Russel and a black lab over the years. But dog owners behaviour has never been worse than it is now and has definitely got worse since COVID....probably because people who have never had dogs have them now.. What I'm taking about is the ever increasing amount of unpicked up dog crap that there is everywhere. Around here its worse than ever. To the point the council have employed a man to fine people on the seafront and in the parks....in the three months since he started he's been hit twice....one time put him in hospital......who do these owners think they are???. What gives dog owners the right to think that its acceptable for their dogs to crap everywhere and for them to completely ignore there obligation to pick it up. I know its not pleasant, but If you cant do it, don't get a dog!
Before you say that's its only a small minority of owners....its not....in fact I would go as far as saying that a majority of owner these days will not pick it up if they think they have not been seen or its in an area where, in there opinion, it does not matter. Before the council got their poo man and locals where trying to get dogs banned from the parks in Bognor (which apparently was one step away from removing all dog owners human rights according to the rabid FB outcry!!!) they went around Hotham park with pink spray to highlight the poos.....on just one Sunday morning they found 373 un picked up dog poos. Dogs are banned from parks in Chichester....it seems to affect no one there.....and we can play footy and cricket there without fear of falling in crap!! Another annoyance is that you get owners putting the dog poo in a bag......and then abandoning the bag when they think no one is watching.....which is even worse than not picking it up.....because is wont break down in a plastic bag.....f'in idiots!!
A couple of years ago I was working under my car when a man , who didn't see me , let his dog crap on my gravel....he looked around and walked off thinking he got away with it....I called him back to pick it up and I got the expected sweary response......BIG mistake. I was not in the best of moods and having issues fixing the car.....and was also wearing disposable plastic gloves as I do when working on cars.....so I picked up the poo....went down the street after him, PUT it in his hood....and slapped it hard. HE went absolutely apoplectic ....which was funny in itself, with threats of getting the Police involved etc.....never heard a thing and never saw him walking his dog again.....to be honest I did regret that and for a while I was worried about reprisal in the form of car damage. But I would do it again and he deserved it.
Another issue is that where I live its all open plan, front garden fence etc being against the deeds....and owners think is perfectly acceptable to let there dogs run across the gardens if not on a lead and p155 on peoples front lawn....I've a good mind to follow them and pee on their gardens and see how they like it. I don't even know why people walk dogs down my road...there are no areas of unowned or public grass....so where ever you let you do crap and pee its on someone property!!
And finally the long recoil able leads. They are to give your dog do a bit more freedom in the park/wood etc if they are the badly trained sort that wont come back........not so they can walk 20 feet in front of you or run across people property. Get a short lead and train it properly so its not pulling.....it honestly takes me less than 10 minutes to stop any dog pulling at the lead (I use a similar technique to the nice man on "Dogs behaving very badly" on the box). Recently I was driving along my road an a bloke had a dog on a long lead and it saw a pigeon over the road and ran straight out in front of me......being on a 20 foot lead the owner had no control at all......he almost pissed himself by the time Id finished tearing him a new one. Years ago my wife had a similar incident in Chichester.....the dog was not so lucky that time.
Obviously not all do owners are irresponsible and a few even know how to train a dog.....but the ones that are not and cant are getting more and more in number.
And don't get me started on the ones that think its good ideal to rescue a dog from abroad when we have more that need homes here than we know what to do with.....all it does is deny a UK homeless dog a family and lessen the country where it came from's responsibility to do anything about their own dog problems......but that's for a different thread.

So in summary. Pick up your dogs mess, use a short lead and keep your dogs/dogs under control and don't treat other peoples gardens like the park!!!

I know that dog owners will be up in arms about this.....but its true and you know it is....so ill just sit back and take the flaming......because dogs owners are a passionate bunch......and right and wrong seems to take a second place to their beloved hounds!!!

Rant Over....back to work.😄

Last edited:
Just this morning I picked up Dog turd outside our back gate , fortunately a neighbour witnessed the offending owner .
She informed me who the culprit was, so after scooping it up on a shovel I returned it to the owners front garden.;)

Yep, as we know, dogs are no more than walking shitmachines.
And don't get me started about owners who scoop the shit into the plastic bag before throwing it into trees and hedgerows.
It would be unfair to Neanderthals to compare them with that lot.

I am not going to get too deep into this (think Brexit/Trump/Palestine/Marmite...no 'right' answers) . a woman walks her 4 (quite frankly ugly) yappy tiny dogs past our house and I see her quite often , imagine 'bag/shopping trolley lady' who has replaced the bulging plastic carrier bags with 4 untrained rats on string, they bark and yap constantly at anything that moves and if it doesn't move they pi$$ on it .

Thankfully these mangy pests are tiny , if they were proper dogs she would be being dragged down the street by them on her Ar$e. I see other dog walkers actively avoiding her and the rat pack. (unusual for fellow dog lovers)

She lets them walk onto my neighbours gravel and front garden on their long leads to do as they wish. They are clearly untrained and totally out of control as she coo's and chats to them as they do as they please.

BUT . she is a dog lover (UK style), personally I think they should be taken off her , but they are most likely all she has and they might be the only things keeping her partially sane , so who am I to complain as she and the rats on string only pass by now and again.

PS . British a nation of 'dog lovers' ? That would depend on what a human thinks a dog needs to be 'loved' . Thats a whole different thread right there.

Never mind , the rip off , price gouging , chiselling Vets are doing well out of it.

Same around here , more dog$hit than ever lying around - so what has changed ?

Recently more younger people have moved in or are renting some of which dont have the same level of responsibility as the slightly older locals , backed up by the way they park their cars on the pavement or across someone`s driveway without a second thought or consideration for others.

Same at the park , just because it is not on a pavement doesn`t mean you leave it lying around for someone else to step in.

The people that dont pick it up would be the first to complain if they had stood in something and dragged it into their house / car.

K

Just this morning I picked up Dog turd outside our back gate , fortunately a neighbour witnessed the offending owner .
She informed me who the culprit was, so after scooping it up on a shovel I returned it to the owners front garden.;)
The best response is to place said poo in a paper bag, leave it on their front doorstep, ring the bell and then set light to the bag.
Retire a safe distance and then watch in gleeful retribution as they open the front door, see the blazing paper bag and frantically try to extinguish it by stamping on it......:D

OK......not literally but I might have got your attention. 😄

Just to clarify....I don't have a dog at the moment.....but have had several working Springers, a Jack Russel and a black lab over the years. But dog owners behaviour has never been worse than it is now and has definitely got worse since COVID....probably because people who have never had dogs have them now.. What I'm taking about is the ever increasing amount of unpicked up dog crap that there is everywhere. Around here its worse than ever. To the point the council have employed a man to fine people on the seafront and in the parks....in the three months since he started he's been hit twice....one time put him in hospital......who do these owners think they are???. What gives dog owners the right to think that its acceptable for their dogs to crap everywhere and for them to completely ignore there obligation to pick it up. I know its not pleasant, but If you cant do it, don't get a dog!
Before you say that's its only a small minority of owners....its not....in fact I would go as far as saying that a majority of owner these days will not pick it up if they think they have not been seen or its in an area where, in there opinion, it does not matter. Before the council got their poo man and locals where trying to get dogs banned from the parks in Bognor (which apparently was one step away from removing all dog owners human rights according to the rabid FB outcry!!!) they went around Hotham park with pink spray to highlight the poos.....on just one Sunday morning they found 373 un picked up dog poos. Dogs are banned from parks in Chichester....it seems to affect no one there.....and we can play footy and cricket there without fear of falling in crap!! Another annoyance is that you get owners putting the dog poo in a bag......and then abandoning the bag when they think no one is watching.....which is even worse than not picking it up.....because is wont break down in a plastic bag.....f'in idiots!!
A couple of years ago I was working under my car when a man , who didn't see me , let his dog crap on my gravel....he looked around and walked off thinking he got away with it....I called him back to pick it up and I got the expected sweary response......BIG mistake. I was not in the best of moods and having issues fixing the car.....and was also wearing disposable plastic gloves as I do when working on cars.....so I picked up the poo....went down the street after him, PUT it in his hood....and slapped it hard. HE went absolutely apoplectic ....which was funny in itself, with threats of getting the Police involved etc.....never heard a thing and never saw him walking his dog again.....to be honest I did regret that and for a while I was worried about reprisal in the form of car damage. But I would do it again and he deserved it.
Another issue is that where I live its all open plan, front garden fence etc being against the deeds....and owners think is perfectly acceptable to let there dogs run across the gardens if not on a lead and p155 on peoples front lawn....I've a good mind to follow them and pee on their gardens and see how they like it. I don't even know why people walk dogs down my road...there are no areas of unowned or public grass....so where ever you let you do crap and pee its on someone property!!
And finally the long recoil able leads. They are to give your dog do a bit more freedom in the park/wood etc if they are the badly trained sort that wont come back........not so they can walk 20 feet in front of you or run across people property. Get a short lead and train it properly so its not pulling.....it honestly takes me less than 10 minutes to stop any dog pulling at the lead (I use a similar technique to the nice man on "Dogs behaving very badly" on the box). Recently I was driving along my road an a bloke had a dog on a long lead and it saw a pigeon over the road and ran straight out in front of me......being on a 20 foot lead the owner had no control at all......he almost pissed himself by the time Id finished tearing him a new one. Years ago my wife had a similar incident in Chichester.....the dog was not so lucky that time.
Obviously not all do owners are irresponsible and a few even know how to train a dog.....but the ones that are not and cant are getting more and more in number.
And don't get me started on the ones that think its good ideal to rescue a dog from abroad when we have more that need homes here than we know what to do with.....all it does is deny a UK homeless dog a family and lessen the country where it came from's responsibility to do anything about their own dog problems......but that's for a different thread.

So in summary. Pick up your dogs mess, use a short lead and keep your dogs/dogs under control and don't treat other peoples gardens like the park!!!

I know that dog owners will be up in arms about this.....but its true and you know it is....so ill just sit back and take the flaming......because dogs owners are a passionate bunch......and right and wrong seems to take a second place to their beloved hounds!!!

Rant Over....back to work.😄
Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you *really* think!

😀

We see lots of dogs being walked around our village but we never see any signs of dog mess - perhaps helped by having poo buns dotted around.

At our old house we didn’t see much evidence of it either - except for a relatively brief period when the same dog would leave a mess right at the end of our drive - the very strange colour was the same.

I installed a camera which detected motion and sounded a chime in the garden which pointed at the end of the drive and it miraculously stopped - immediately - so the owner knew what they were doing was wrong.

Back again . reminds me of the first time I ever saw someone pick up a hot steaming dog turd . It was many decades ago and I was working in Sweden , watching the world go by on nice summers day I watched a very attractive young lady walking her dog .

I know some of you have been to Sweden in the summertime and you will know that I was at this time not paying much attention to the mutt she was walking...;)

Anyway the dog took a $hit and this blonde goddess bent over (not far enough I might add) and scooped it up and put it in a little plastic bag and took it with her !

I nearly dropped my beer at such a sight ! (but at Scandinavian prices that would never happen) It was a first for me for sure !! It was many years later that I saw the same actions being taken here in the UK . But sadly that seems to be a reversing trend. 'Proper' dog owners will tell you that the 'none collectors' are in the minority but I would suggest that whereabouts you live will determine how that goes for you.

One that I'm not quite sure how to respond to a a lady that "walks" her lovely flat coat retriever most days down our road. The lady is in a electric wheel chair and of course there is no way she is physically capable of picking he her dogs mess. I feel sorry for her .....but she equally also has no right to foul the footpath. Not sure of the answer....and its probably not practical for someone else to walk it for her and she obviously enjoys getting out with the doggy.

One that I'm not quite sure how to respond to a a lady that "walks" her lovely flat coat retriever most days down our road. The lady is in an electric wheel chair and of course there is no way she is physically capable of picking he her dogs mess. I feel sorry for her .....but she equally also has no right to foul the footpath. Not sure of the answer....and its probably not practical for someone else to walk it for her and she obviously enjoys getting out with the doggy.
Perhaps she uses a grabber on a stick or similar? I’ve seen older people use them who struggle to bend safely. Not sure what they’re called.

She doesn't..........she just leaves it, which is why I mentioned it. I have seen her arguing with residents about it too....but never got involved.

Dog owners are no different to any other selfish, oblivious, entitled thick pricks "People" that populate this country nowadays. You can substitute Dog, for car, cyclist, shopper, consumer etc etc. I really do despair most of the time.

When walking my dogs I actively avoid other dog walkers, twats on the whole.

I personally not only carry poo bags but also carry a bottle of water to clean up particularly nasty mess that my pampered pooches can make.

Yesterday I had a lovely XL Bully poke his head in the back of van whilst I was unloading. He had no muzzle on and cropped ears. I gave him a fuss but really could have given the stupid selfish owner a slap.

But he ho life goes on.

@ALFAitalia

I posted on one Aldi threads a while back, don't be surprised to see "Aldi worker on Gun Rampage cleans the streets"

Are we likely to see Caravan Salesman with Dog Owner grudge on Gun Rampage........ 🤪

@ALFAitalia

I posted on one Aldi threads a while back, don't be surprised to see "Aldi worker on Gun Rampage cleans the streets"

Are we likely to see Caravan Salesman with Dog Owner grudge on Gun Rampage........ 🤪
Maybe.....I've got the tools for the job!!!!......but probably not!

IMG_20210304_151454_1_copy_2080x1560.jpg
IMG_20220422_163444_copy_2048x1536.jpg
IMG_20210304_200525_copy_2048x1536.jpg

I've never been a dog owner and never intend to be one. I find the UK's (and increasingly the rest of the world's) obsession with dogs quite depressing. But I know I have to accept it (along with the obsession with kicking a bag of air around for 90 minutes!) So ALFAitalia's rant was pure heaven for me to read.

Where I live isn't too bad for the offending dog poo, although you wouldn't think so by the number of complaining posts in our local Facebook pages. But there are still owners/walkers who are more of a sh1t than what their pooches dump. I have a lot of hedging adjacent to public paths and several times I've just managed to pull out dumped bags of poo before my hedge trimmers shred it to spread around. :mad:

The general complaint that accompanies Facebook rants about dog poo is that there aren't enough poo bins around. We're lucky enough to live in an area with lots of green walks and lakes to enjoy, but people still expect bins in the remoter parts - and of course people to empty them. As a non-dog owner, I object to my council taxes being spent on pandering to dog owners who are too lazy to carry their dog's doodads home and put into their own bins.

(I should add that I have no objection to dogs on the whole, as long as they're not barking noisily and not approaching me to sniff my balls. Most owners are very good and can detect that I have no interest in their choice of companion, but there are still too many with those long leads who make no attempt to stop their dog approaching me. Since a large dog removed a great chunk from my leg when I was eight, I prefer to keep my distance. The "Oh, he only wants to play, he won't hurt you", owners do nothing to allay my fears.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom