Dog owners.....hang the lot of them!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But a year or so back I bought some biodegradable bags, it seemed the responsible way to go.
I left a full one at the top of the garden to see just how it degraded. 2 months later there was no sign of it disappearing.
Maybe other brands are better, but how many should I try?

You could be right. Ours all go into the bins so I've never tested the biodegradable claims for any of them. Unused ones quite often come out of our washing machine though!

An agility friend of ours was about to run when his dog suddenly had a small poop before entering the ring. There was nowhere obvious to put the bag, so he stuffed it in the pocket of the jeans he was wearing and forgot all about it until after he'd washed them :D

Mrs Me picks these up in 300 qty boxes.
I might try the garden test again, out of curiosity really.

Btw, the pocket problem is solved with our scooper / container. Perhaps not for 10 of 'em though. I would need a wheel barrow for that.

Btw, the pocket problem is solved with our scooper / container. Perhaps not for 10 of 'em though. I would need a wheel barrow for that.

We could use the wheelbarrows & scoopers we have for the horses. We only have two small ones but the amount of 'waste' they produce is unbelievable.

Reactions: m80
Is there a reason why horses can mess on the road/pavement/bridleway and not have the rider clear up afterwards like it's expected with dogs?

I guess that its mainly in the road so unlikely to be walked in and trod into your house like the dog variety A bit impractical to clear up that much too! Its much nicer stuff too....being just mainly processed grass rather than carnivore waste.

The only two wheel slide I ever recovered (on my 92 Fireblade) involved a fresh pile of horseshite on the exit/ racing line of a fast bend! Lucky I did not need to clear up my own poo that day!!

The only two wheel slide I ever recovered (on my 92 Fireblade) involved a fresh pile of horseshite on the exit/ racing line of a fast bend! Lucky I did not need to clear up my own poo that day!!
I have heard that such dangers should be cleaned up legally. Like farmers when going field to field with their tractor.

Aside from going splat I'm not aware that horse deposits are a health risk,
unlike dog mess on a playing field for kids to happen across.

Got two dogs, go hiking with them regularly and I always pickup the shit and carry it for miles, when bins aren’t around. Dog poo is not good for nature, so I don’t leave it even if somewhere remote.

Our neighbour has a wire haired dachshund which is Nearly a year old and still not toilet trained! Beggars belief! People are morons.

Altho talking of shit, the number of families that don’t secure waste bins with nappies properly and foxes get into them and they end up all over the street 🤮

Is there a reason why horses can mess on the road/pavement/bridleway and not have the rider clear up afterwards like it's expected with dogs?
From the BHS;

"Horse dung is …
• Harmless to humans and animals
• Mainly digested grass
• Quickly biodegradable
• Good for biodiversity
• Useful in a compost bin in small amounts
Unlike dog faeces, dung from a healthy horse presents no threat to human health, but horses
depositing dung on a popular path is often given as a reason against horse access or as a point of
conflict.
Horses are not ridden out for the purpose of defecating, unlike dogs which are commonly walked for
that purpose. Horses dung about eight times a day, thus many will not dung when out for an hour’s
hack....."

Fwiw when hacking out, I was taught from the begining that I should dismount & remove the droppings from the highway. That's all well and good back then when verges were green. I don't ride in urban environments, but these days I would expect that it would be an issue (not simply a question of kicking the steaming pile to the edge of the road.

I'm just sitting down after feeding my Collie and new mown Pollie fresh from the Poodle Parlour yesterday. We've walked about 7 miles together today in the Norfolk countryside and met almost nobody. I know I'm sitting on a small wad of (empty!) poo bags in my back pocket which seem to inhabit any trousers I walk the dogs in.
I'll just grab a bag of popcorn and watch this thread from the sidelines:rolleyes:

Bliss, I'm envious.
...and better still it is a great deal easier and flatter that where I was previously in Staffordshire Moorlands...😁

Holidaying on the South Devon/Dorset coast currently, and just cannot get over just how many dogs there are here! Is it dog holiday week or something?

I'm just sitting down after feeding my Collie and new mown Pollie fresh from the Poodle Parlour yesterday. We've walked about 7 miles together today in the Norfolk countryside and met almost nobody. I know I'm sitting on a small wad of (empty!) poo bags in my back pocket which seem to inhabit any trousers I walk the dogs in.
I'll just grab a bag of popcorn and watch this thread from the sidelines:rolleyes:
Is your walking the dogs in your trousers like Compo keeping his ferret in his? 🤔

Is your walking the dogs in your trousers like Compo keeping his ferret in his? 🤔
Very similar, in an inside out sort of way;)...but there is a subtle difference between dog walking and ferret legging:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom