Doggi shoes

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do dogs need a PDI?

The Collie looks it could be the Dad of our Collie/Beagle mix.

Either the best or worst dog you have ever owned, time will tell!

The Collie looks it could be the Dad of our Collie/Beagle mix.

Either the best or worst dog you have ever owned, time will tell!

You are not wrong. Had a collie for 15 years and fortunately we had a good one that did not need constant stimulation.

Collies need a purpose that has to be installed from day 1. We have full length windows in our lounge and our Collie adopted the space in front as her territory and made it her job to protect us from there.

You are not wrong. Had a collie for 15 years and fortunately we had a good one that did not need constant stimulation.

Collies need a purpose that has to be installed from day 1. We have full length windows in our lounge and our Collie adopted the space in front as her territory and made it her job to protect us from there.
For a dog they are pretty bright, this can work for or against the owner.

The Collie in ours has shown up in that he has watched us carefully from day 1 and now seems to know what happens next before we do. If we are going out he goes to his place long before we leave, if I am popping out alone he goes to the back of the settee to watch me go and wait for my return. I swear the little sod can tell the time, well, he knows mealtimes pretty good!

I swear the little sod can tell the time, well, he knows mealtimes pretty good!

Yep their biological / food clocks are amazing. Ours would start worrying at 5.30 everyday, 30 minutes before dinner time. If we ever had the cheek to be 10 minutes late she would start nipping at our ankles :)

Come on choppy choppy we need the full info :)

Names, ages, sex, what mix of lurcher and the all important back story and of course how they got on with Deb ?
Collie: 9. Harley. Female.
Lurcher: 8. Lupin. Male. Whippet/lurcher.

They were brought in a few weeks ago by a female member of staff who has had them both from being pups. She has recently split from her long term partner and now finds herself living back with her parents (who already have two dogs) with her 18 month old daughter. Purely rehousing them down to personal circumstances. Obviously upset but wants what’s best for the dogs.

Both dogs behaved well yesterday despite their excitement. Deb (on her scooter) took them together on their combined lead and the lead never once tightened. (Apparently trained by owner when she walked them alongside her daughters pushchair.)

Neither one seemed dominant towards the other but I guess that’ll change once they are with us and are settled. Our daughter and boyfriend are on standby for prolonged ball throwing duties in local paddock. 🏃‍♀️

Blimey 8 and 9 you are saints :)

That's quite a age to be changing names though, what did you have in mind ? Both or just one ?

Blimey 8 and 9 you are saints :)

That's quite a age to be changing names though, what did you have in mind ? Both or just one ?
Aye. Chuffed to be taking them on. The lady said they really struggle to re-home older dogs, and even more so in a pair.

No renaming them. That was just a silly thought from me. (Wanted Neil & Agnus) 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom