DOH! I must've messed up interior light wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like the rear light should come on If a front door is open (this should also bring on the front light)
Now that everything works fine, I can tell you Ted that the rear interior lights do not come on or respond to front door opening.
They only respond to rear door or tailgate opening.
When I open front door, only front light turns on regardless of the position of rear light switch.
I am quite happy with this situation and frankly, I do not want the "rear" interior lights to respond to "front" door opening.
Perhaps you could confirm this if you have another look at the wiring diagrams.
Otherwise, either my car is not doing what it is supposed to do or the wiring diagram that you read is wrong or does not apply to an estate W124.
Thanks for your help and suggestions Ted.

Last edited:
S9KSY, apologies - I had taken a quick look, and misread the circuit diagram. The rear light does NOT come on with the fronts doors open.
Part of the confusion was a diode and resistor inside the switch. I can now see that that is simply an LED to illuminate the switch, with a current limiting resistor.
Should have known better, as when I posted, I was thinking "I'm sure my rear interior light on the W124 didn't come on with the front doors!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom