Doh - left in a London Taxi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timwood2000

Car
R320 CDI SE LWB '07, BENTLEY CONTINENTAL FLYING SPUR MULLINER '06, FIAT 500 LOUNGE '58 & BMW R1200RT
Could kick myself, collected two quite expensive suits yesterday and after a late night at work, took a London Taxi home - except that whilst I got into the cab with two suits, I stupidly got out without them and by the time I realised, the cab had long gone.

So cross with myself for being so stupid.

Have logged a lost property form with TFL at Baker Street, but what are the odds of a London Taxi driver being bothered to hand it in and presumably fill in forms etc versus dumping the suits instead, or selling them on?

No one else to blame except me. So, so, so stupid :doh::doh::doh:

Thanks, rant over

There's a good chance you'll get them back. There's an established procedure for handling lost property found in cabs.

Was there any paperwork with the suits that might have your contact details on them?
Like a bill or invoice?
I would guess that the chances of getting them back are about even.
Most people are honest.

Perhaps you need to look out for a very dapper taxi driver?

It does seem odd that you don't expect to see them again.

It's hard cheese I guess.

Are they custom suits?

All of my made to measure suits have my name and a customer number embroidered into them.

Could use that to identify them.

It could be worse...

A document outlining the Lib Dems strategy for the next TV debate has come to light after it was left in a taxi by an aide. Although most people find it perfectly possible to remember their possessions when they get out of a vehicle, a surprising number of important items have been left in taxis over the years:

• Gordon Brown's adviser left notes covering everything from the expenses scandal to his boss's makeup requirements in a London taxi last May.

• In 2008 musician Phillippe Quint got out of a New York cab without his 285-year-old violin worth $4m; he was so relieved when the driver gave it back that he thanked him with a private concert.

• Earlier this year New York cabbie Mukul Asadujjaman drove 50 miles to reunite holidaymaker Felicia Lettieri of Pompei with $21,000, plus jewellery and passports.

• Roberta Flack spent a year working on a Beatles tribute album called Let It Be Roberta, only to leave the recordings in a taxi. She rewarded the driver with a "huge tip" when they were returned.

Things that get left in cabs | UK news | The Guardian

Are they custom suits?

All of my made to measure suits have my name and a customer number embroidered into them.

Could use that to identify them.

Not custom made and no details or paperwork in them. Just the name of my tailor on the inside of the jacket

Have logged a lost property form with TFL at Baker Street

Just go along to no. 221b : there's a gentleman there who might be able to help .

Could you claim on your household insurance for this ?

What a coincidence!

I got into a cab last night, and was rewarded with a free gift of two very nice suits!

Fit me a treat, but I think that I dress on the other side of who they were made for :)

There is a very good chance you will be reunited with your Suits. The hand in process is a bit long winded though. The taxi driver has to hand in any lost property found in his taxi to the nearest police station and it can take up to 7 days for the items to get to the TfL Lost Property office at Baker Street.

Taxi drivers usually hand in anything they find to a police station. You have a better chance of getting back something you left in a black cab than say on a bus or the Tube.

Good luck :thumb:

My suits also have the name of my tailor in them. He's called M&S based near Baker Street in London.

Doen't feature on Saville Row for some reason, although am thinking about transferring to Oswald Boateng soon!

My suits also have the name of my tailor in them. He's called M&S based near Baker Street in London.

Doen't feature on Saville Row for some reason, although am thinking about transferring to Oswald Boateng soon!

Not Thomas Burberry?

What's a 'suit'?

Generally described as outerwear used at weddings/funerals etc etc:)

As others have said you stand more chance of getting your suits back after leaving them in a black cab than about anywhere else. Very honest bunch of guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom