doh! new wheels don't fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shame, they would have looked nice.

Yes, getting the correct ET along with the 66.6mm spigot and 5x112 PCD is vital for them to fit.
Did you buy them off the bay of fleas?
I often look at wheels and when I spot something I like, they often say they'll fit an E class.
Check out everything more thoroughly and find they don't is annoying.

Keep a note of this site for future reference to check front and rear ET before buying.

Mercedes-Benz Fitting Chart and Wheel Fitment Guide | Alloy Wheels Direct

Last edited:
How much are spacers and longer wheel bolts? Is it safe etc? Any links and please let me know if 10 mm spacer would sort my issue

The 10mm spacer's will be with me tomorrow, so after work i will fit them and let you know.

Whilst they are off i will also let you know the length of my wheel bolts for said spacer's no problem at all.

I feel your pain bud:cool:

Ok thought id update this, Nope 10mm spacer's are deffo not enough they have tobe 15mm to clear the centre cap of the wheel.

I forgot to measure the wheel bolts in my disgust of blowing money on some spacers that quite didnt fit:doh:

Phew - just sold the wheels and made £25 quid in the process - could have had expensive garden ornaments thanks for all your advice and suggestions I think I'm gonna leave her on stock rims

Ok thought id update this, Nope 10mm spacer's are deffo not enough they have tobe 15mm to clear the centre cap of the wheel.

I forgot to measure the wheel bolts in my disgust of blowing money on some spacers that quite didnt fit:doh:

No problems chum thanks I too had a second look today and because of the deep recess cut away where bolts go in I would need about an inch spacer lol thanks again

Nightmare Ive been looking at getting a set of winter tyres for my C220 sport I feel your frustration glad you sold them and covered the costs.

Wheels see to be a mine field for Mercs my standard wheels are et38 & et39 and I bought wheels at et45 as I had seen merc wheels at et53 etc I really think it's wheel by wheel basis I think in my case the big dish on the front on the wheels hampered it for me in terms on the front axle. Its a gamble as you can't really rocked up and try on - I think I'll just stick with my oem wheels.

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w407/garethbevan59/Mobile Uploads/DSC_0180_zpsjgq6aa83.jpg

NO probs BIG_G, Nowt wrong with your Standard wheels, I think the Sport wheels like yours really suit the 211's Looks awesome buddy :)

Thanks - had it for nearly 2 years now and I'm use to tinkering with part cars just a bit bored lol

Wheels see to be a mine field for Mercs my standard wheels are et38 & et39 and I bought wheels at et45 as I had seen merc wheels at et53 etc I really think it's wheel by wheel basis I think in my case the big dish on the front on the wheels hampered it for me in terms on the front axle. Its a gamble as you can't really rocked up and try on - I think I'll just stick with my oem wheels.

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w407/garethbevan59/Mobile Uploads/DSC_0180_zpsjgq6aa83.jpg

The ET of a particular wheel depends on the width of that wheel.

You say your standard wheels are 38 and 39...what width are those wheels?

Remember correct ET on aftermarket wheels is only a guide. Design of the wheel plays a huge role is it will fit or not (as your example). As mentioned spacers would be a solution. Always go for good brands like h&r or eibach if possible.
On my example I bought bbs LM's while back with a correct ET for my car and they did not fit without spacers.
Don't worry you'll complete your project and car will look like you desire. Petiance

NO probs BIG_G, Nowt wrong with your Standard wheels, I think the Sport wheels like yours really suit the 211's Looks awesome buddy :)

+1. I rather like those wheels:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom