Doh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robbo

Car
C320 (W203) & A170 (W169)
Having been having problems with the rain sensor not working as well as it used to, I had a look and traced it back to the fact that the wipers had become worn and were not clearing the screen very well around the sensor.

After spending the princely sum of £38 to get a couple of new wipers (no sir we dont sell the rubbers separately, just the wiper assemblies) I started to fit them.

Somehow during this process, I managed to knock a wiper arm which had just had the wiper blade taken of and it snapped back straight down onto the windscreen and broke the screen. aaaarrrggghh!

Now waiting for the RAC windscreen man to ring back :(

What an idiot!

Robbo said:
Having been having problems with the rain sensor not working as well as it used to, I had a look and traced it back to the fact that the wipers had become worn and were not clearing the screen very well around the sensor.

After spending the princely sum of £38 to get a couple of new wipers (no sir we dont sell the rubbers separately, just the wiper assemblies) I started to fit them.

Somehow during this process, I managed to knock a wiper arm which had just had the wiper blade taken of and it snapped back straight down onto the windscreen and broke the screen. aaaarrrggghh!

What an idiot!

Fun this DIY isn't it? :D :D

£38 :eek:
I bought a couple of mono blades for mine and the mrs motor and got change from £20 ;)

d'oh....

you might get a new rain sensor ....

@grav , the blades on the 203 are curved or something similarly stupid ... :eek:

Well I suppose If I look on the bright side there were quite a few small scratches and chips on the windscreen so at least they will be gone.

However, the last car I had with a new windscreen was never the same again as it leaked once the new one was fitted. Never could trace the leak.

Robbo

A question,

Do people like RAC Autoglass fit Mercedes OEM windscreens or just some cheap and cheerful variant?

Robbo said:
A question,

Do people like RAC Autoglass fit Mercedes OEM windscreens or just some cheap and cheerful variant?
I had one fitted on the CLK last week by RAC Autoglass and it has the star in the corner.

fuzzer said:
@grav , the blades on the 203 are curved or something similarly stupid ... :eek:

Oh, you learn something new every day, will find out a price for them tomorrow as I get a 40% discount.

yep , a stone hit my windscreen on the m5 - big chip and crack - needs replacing - only had the car for 4.5 months -- will they do a good job ??!! :(

Im with direct line - so i wonder which is the best company to use - i think i can use rac autowindscreens or another one which i have forgotten....

:confused:

GRAV888 said:
I had one fitted on the CLK last week by RAC Autoglass and it has the star in the corner.

Ah, thats reassuring to know. Did they do a good job?

Cheers, Robbo

Robbo said:
Ah, thats reassuring to know. Did they do a good job?

Cheers, Robbo
Yes, excellent job.
Had the car for 5 hours though to enable the bonding to set.
Normally, they'll fit it, stick some masking tape on the edges and let you drive off, but mine is a cabrio

splang said:
Im with direct line - so i wonder which is the best company to use - i think i can use rac autowindscreens or another one which i have forgotten....

:confused:
Autoglass?
Used to work for them many moons ago. :eek:

yep thats the one - thanks

So, I'm guessing that rac is the one to go for!! ;)
Cheers

splang said:
yep thats the one - thanks

So, I'm guessing that rac is the one to go for!! ;)
Cheers

Makes no difference really, but the mrs is with Diamond who only use RAC and they do all my lorries.
It was my lorry that chucked up a stone on her screen in the first place.
Wasn't popular for a while.
She made me pay the £50 excess. :mad:
(Cue Pammy) ;) ;)

GRAV888 said:
She made me pay the £50 excess. :mad:
(Cue Pammy) ;) ;)

oh - I'd hate to disappoint
bis.gif
so good for her - way to go girl :D

Robbo said:

What an idiot!

Honestly it's not funny.... :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom