D'oh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Yesterday afternoon stopped off at Hellfrauds to get some screenwash. No luck because they were sold out apart from the pink premix stuff which I loathe on a number of grounds

Back to car and on the way passed a crappy old Vectra with the bonnet up and a scruffy 50-something git refilling the washer bottle: with Halfords orange pre-mixed antifreeze.

His equally scruffy female companion was trying to tell him the error of his ways by screeching at him. Rather slurred response:

"Shaddup will yer! I know what I am effing well doing!"

:doh:

Halfords double concentration screenwash isn't bad........can't comment on it's capabilities as a coolant anti-freeze though.

Halfords double concentration screenwash isn't bad........can't comment on it's capabilities as a coolant anti-freeze though.

Any comment on how good Halfords anti-freeze is as a screen wash?? :rolleyes::wallbash:

I put oil in my coolant tank a month or so back...

Luckily the Golf one, which just comes off (very quickly when needs be!) and empties fine...

But all these big silver bottles, too similar...

Yesterday afternoon stopped off at Hellfrauds to get some screenwash. No luck because they were sold out apart from the pink premix stuff which I loathe on a number of grounds

Back to car and on the way passed a crappy old Vectra with the bonnet up and a scruffy 50-something git refilling the washer bottle: with Halfords orange pre-mixed antifreeze.

His equally scruffy female companion was trying to tell him the error of his ways by screeching at him. Rather slurred response:

"Shaddup will yer! I know what I am effing well doing!"

:doh:

That scruffy 50 or so git was me!!! :D

He should look on the bright side.

His washer jets won't freeze up.

Does antifreeze still strip paintwork ?

A number or years ago now when we used to sell new Renaults at our garage we had a customer who bought a new Renault 25 V6 of us and the customers son topped up the screen wash bottle on his fathers car with saulfuric acid (battery acid) now that certainly made a mess of the paintwork and as you can imagine when he came in to complain at the paintwork on his car and was duly told that it would not be covered by warranty he was "most dissapointed" and as far as know i dont think his son ever topped up hi screen wash again either !!

I remember someone complaining that their wife had used a washing up srcubber sponge thing to remove those difficult bits of dirt and crap from his car while she was washing it. Apparently it looked like it had leopard pattern paintwork by the time she'd finished taking patches of laqueur off it!

Bloke at work his wife did same thing to remove bird mess from the bonnet looked real good afterwards:D

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom