Doing a deal on an S class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

Hi,

I'm about to p/ex the Beemer for a 53 plate S320 cdi.

I've done pretty exhaustive research and have been assured that it won't have the Valeo problem and that I should look out for wet footwells which could have wrecked the electrics.

Anything else that's a well known fault or owners experiences good or bad?

Am I right to think that it will have auto lights and wipers? I'm thinking that most of the little luxuries would have been standard equipment (it has a sunroof, Command and phone in the armrest)

Would I have to put my SIM card in the phone everytime I use the car or is there an alternative?

It's just bhad a 'B' service at around 35k miles, would the next one be likely to be back to an 'A' or could I be facing a 'C'? I'll do large motorway miles from now on.

Lastly, anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Would I have to put my SIM card in the phone everytime I use the car or is there an alternative?

you can ask your provider for a multi sim, one sim in the car and one in your phone, both have the same number but you have to enter a code to activate the sim so you can toggle between the 2 sims (but keep same number), works well but you some functionality will probably cease to work, like call waiting, conference calls, although that was 3 years ago, perhaps it is better now

you can ask your provider for a multi sim, one sim in the car and one in your phone, both have the same number but you have to enter a code to activate the sim so you can toggle between the 2 sims (but keep same number), works well but you some functionality will probably cease to work, like call waiting, conference calls, although that was 3 years ago, perhaps it is better now

I did try this when I got my S class in March, all of the major phone suppliers said they no longer do it, if there is anybody who knows of a company that still do MAKE IT KNOWN!!!!!!!!!

sorry just checked and you are right, only still available for existing multi sim users (like my boss) but not for new users (as gprs, 3g, mms etc are not supported)

must be some other kind of solution, will try to find something to make amends

If you choose a network that gives you free calls to other mobiles, you could keep a sim in the car phone, which you use as your main number and program so when switched off forwards to your normal mobile.

Still means 2 line rentals, and a bit messy with different numbers but might work?

David

I just use a Nokia 6310i and place it in the cradle when in the car. I take it you have a cradle and not a fixed phone in the armrest.

Bluetooth, people, bluetooth!

I bought a BT enabled Sony head unit to go in the Golf when I bought it.. IIRC, £86 delivered. My phone links to the head unit when I get in the car, answering calls just takes a push of the volume control - same to end the call. When I get out of the car, the two unlink and I'm on my own again.

Cheers,

Gaz

bluetooth might be the way forward (although it makes you look like a ..... :D )

build in car phones are usually pretty rubbish, friend of mine has a cayenne and he has a sim card for his built in car phone and it has no mute button!!

£50k phone without a mute button!!

Bluetooth, people, bluetooth!

I bought a BT enabled Sony head unit to go in the Golf when I bought it.. IIRC, £86 delivered. My phone links to the head unit when I get in the car, answering calls just takes a push of the volume control - same to end the call. When I get out of the car, the two unlink and I'm on my own again.

Cheers,

Gaz

I've got a headunit just like that (and it does a multitude of other things too) but its so nice that i just switch on my bluetooth and this thing will stop my music and let me know someone's calling.

It even tells me if there's a text, and i can read it if i want.

Can also call anyone i want... etc etc :) its great. JVC player it is, got it for around £200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom