Doing my Brake's W209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLKKOMP

Hi Guys

Im after some tips or tricks for doing my brakes on my clk, Im only replacing the pads front and rear.

There is a slight lip on the disc but nothing major, Ive been told ill have to file down the edge of the brake pad is this true??

Has anyone got a how to for doing th ebrakes on the w203 or w209??

thanks
Neil

Hi Guys

Im after some tips or tricks for doing my brakes on my clk, Im only replacing the pads front and rear.

There is a slight lip on the disc but nothing major, Ive been told ill have to file down the edge of the brake pad is this true??

Has anyone got a how to for doing th ebrakes on the w203 or w209??

thanks
Neil

Measure the disk thickness with a verner or caliper. The minimum thickness will be stamped on the disk boss.
If the lip is only minor then you won't need to do anything, if it's major then the disk is too worn.

Working on the brakes on these is no different to any other car but if you are not confident/competant then it might be worth taking it to have the pads done.

Ive been told ill have to file down the edge of the brake pad is this true??
For safety's sake don't go near your disks with either a file or an angle grinder. Buy a new pair. £70 from the dealers. Brakes, especially the front ones, are what stop you running into large objects and hurting yourself. Don't skimp please.

guys trust me i would file down the disc at all, u must think im on something lol

I meant the brake pad, read my first post.

As for th edoing the brakes i have done brakes on over cars just not on my clk before and wanted to check no tips or tricks

thanks
Neil

Ahh, in that case we are better placed to help you.

My reference to the lip is more to do with disk thickness, it's stamped on the disk hub.
The brakes are a normal setup so normal procedures apply.

You won't need to file the pad edge because the new pads will fit where the old ones were so will be inside the lip. Even if they aren't that bit of pad will very soon wear off.

I have found that just curving off the edge of the pad with a grinder will help it settle a bit more quickly...

I have found that just curving off the edge of the pad with a grinder will help it settle a bit more quickly...

A drive round the block with your foot on the brake will do that.

guys all done took under 2 hours to do front and rear pads, well pleased

I also fitted my steering wheel aswell :)

thanks
Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom