Domain investments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscls

Car
2005 CLS 500 V8
Anyone sold or know of anyone who invest in domains?

yep done both and how portfolios for clients too

yep done both and how portfolios for clients too

Could you explain a little as to how it works?

Ive bought 3 domains for a year. How do I go about transferring if I sell one?

when selling the domain the seller utilises escrew company to ensure that the domain transfers in parallel to the money hitting your account.

however, seen low value domains changing hands with DIY transfers happening and an element of trust generally from the buyer by sending money then expecting domain transfer to happen.

selling is however the hardest part as blind offers tend to be low u will need to use sedo or the like to advertise it on a fixed price and watch for offer, and such services charge 5% to deal with this will include escrew service

I sold a domain for 3.5k and it was put straight up for 20k. that was some 3 years ago and its still not sold. Know your market is key

Could you explain a little as to how it works?

Ive bought 3 domains for a year. How do I go about transferring if I sell one?

It can be as simple as getting the TAG data changed to that of the new owners domain hoster. But most web domain utils have options for transferring.

Are you sure your domains will be good enough to attract a buyer?

I own:

virginactivefitness.co.uk
virginactivefitness.com
mickeyds.co.uk

Hoping sites will crawl on back of the multinationals

I own:

virginactivefitness.co.uk
virginactivefitness.com
mickeyds.co.uk

Hoping sites will crawl on back of the multinationals
the virgin ones can be taken off you in court of law copyright case with davidbeckham.com which was taken as it was considered hijack of a brand

as for mickeyds.co.uk could the same by the golden arches

i think u have nothing off the value talk to sedo and see their point of view

Yes, as said, those can be taken back (or at least the Virgin ones) off you - even if Virgin decide to set up a company called that in five years time.

I forget the term but I think it used to be called 'Domain Squatting'.

I'd be surprised if the other one was worth anything as everyone knows it's Maccy - I suppose if you can't type it could be useful :dk:.

commonly known as Mickey D's in NI :)

I think you have missed the boat by some years on this one.

Sorry to say its most likely you'll lose those. The dispute resolution process is sided in favour of the trademark owners. I look after numerous domain names for my company and have claimed many UK domains containing our name or IP. I've even won them back in countries such as India where they were registered by domain squatters (working on our Russian one at the moment but that's a lot tougher & slower).

Last edited:
Sorry to say its most likely you'll lose those. The dispute resolution process is sided in favour of the trademark owners. I look after numerous domain names for my company and have claimed many UK domains containing our name or IP. I've even won them back in countries such as India where they were registered by domain squatters (working on our Russian one at the moment but that's a lot tougher & slower).

in your experience what is the best method to market and sell pakka prime domains, do u deal with for a commission pm details pls

so many new top level domain now. Where is the marketplace. I don't see how money can be made now.

dinoy said:
in your experience what is the best method to market and sell pakka prime domains, do u deal with for a commission pm details pls

Sorry I don't get involved in selling domains, looking after our portfolio and dealing with infringments is part of my day job ;) In terms of selling, it really depends on what the domain name is. I would start by just placing a domain for sale page on the site with a price and contact details (see advice here too http://flippa.com/blog/domain-name-sales-tips)

You could try listing with sedo too.

Last edited:
what do u think about marketing on sedo website???

dinoy said:
what do u think about marketing on sedo website???
Worth a go, I've never had any luck with them (although we're talking just 1 domain name years ago). I tried to sell a name using them and then didn't bother renewing the domain registration when it expired so it may not be a fair appraisal. I tried buying from them too but lowballed with a very low offer so wasn't surprised it didn't go anywhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom