Domain Name registration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kinky

MB Enthusiast
Car
All sorts of odds n sods
A question to the floor please ....

I want to register a new domain name (have done loads in the past - quick and simple process).

However, I don't my personal details, or those of another individual or company associated with the domain name (if you do a whois search).

Is there any way to register a domain name with no persons or names directly associated to it?

Many thanks in advance,

K

Last edited:
don't know about that mate . . . you might try registering a non existant overseas company and attributing the domain name to that - should keep people at bay for a while !

Sounds fascinating though . . (please post the URL when you get it set up ! - we won't tell . . honest !!)

S.

Hmm.

As far as I know you can only register as an individual or a company.

I think Company registrations have the company address visible on a WHOIS search for sure, maybe individual registrations do too if you dig deep, but I don't know of a way of making it nameless.

Somebody has to be responsible for the site, and that's that.

If you are serious and really want to do it, I would suggest you simply either use a false name (not hard is it?) or you buy an off the shelf Company Name for £100 or so and use that.

Maybe Maff (Poundhost) can help more....

Well the site will be hosted in the US for legal reasons.

The current thought is to register it as a friend of a friends name and address.

She's 93 and lives on her own.

Last edited:
If you register a domain in the uk (co.uk etc) then you can opt-out of the address part from the general whois information. Nominet can still get hold of you if they need to though.

Ends up looking like this:
http://195.66.240.211/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?query=c230k.co.uk&x=22&y=7

Registrant's Address:

THE REGISTRANT IS AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS ELECTED TO
HAVE THEIR ADDRESS OMITTED FROM THE WHOIS DATABASE

Suzanne,

Nice one - that's exactly what is required. I've technically drawn a blank everywhere else!

Thank you so much.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom