Domestic Energy Assessment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
A couple of weeks ago I had a Domestic Energy Assessment done on my flat which is meant to be law now when selling a property.

I have just recived the Invoice for payment and he has forwarded on the report to my estate agents.

Am I within my rights to request a paper copy of his findings as im a little in the dark as to how I havent actually seen anything at all. When I questioned the guy at the time he didnt seem to want to talk about giving me a copy, should I change estate agent if my flat doesnt sell.

Anyone help? :)

Last edited:
Mmmm.....I wrote a long reply then the server crashed or something......

In short. Yes you can request it. I did once and was sent a copy.

Point 2 I made: Have you thought of renting? If the rental value is at least 5% of the askig price it may well be suitable.

Mmmm.....I wrote a long reply then the server crashed or something......

In short. Yes you can request it. I did once and was sent a copy.

Point 2 I made: Have you thought of renting? If the rental value is at least 5% of the askig price it may well be suitable.

Its shared ownership and I cant sub-let.

IMHO as long as it is on Rightmove you have it on the best place.
I'm not sure agents are so important these days, especially for standard properties.

Yep, on rightmove via my estate agent. Im going to email the guy and ask for somthing as from where im sitting he has provided a rating and I havent seen anything about it.

Yes - you should have a copy as you have paid for it.
If you change estate agents in the future you should be able to use the same report again without paying for another to be done.

I would generally give an agent 10 to 12 weeks. If they are getting people through the door they are doing their job and the asking price is somewhere near right.

If no one viewing then get a more realistic valuation & a more enthustiastic agent

Thanks for your help, its only been on sale 3 weeks and its xmas so its all good so far.

I got on well with the chap who did my EPC and he warned me that some agents won't give you the EPC to use again if you sack them, as they commissioned the cert and you paid them. If you commissioned it directly and you are liable to pay the surveyor then they should give you the EPC directly, and should not ignore your request - if they do, don't pay until you get it.

best of luck - not a great time of year, or year for that matter!

I got on well with the chap who did my EPC and he warned me that some agents won't give you the EPC to use again if you sack them, as they commissioned the cert and you paid them. If you commissioned it directly and you are liable to pay the surveyor then they should give you the EPC directly, and should not ignore your request - if they do, don't pay until you get it.

best of luck - not a great time of year, or year for that matter!

Thanks, it was an indy who the estate agent recommended. I havent yet played him which puts me at the advantage.

Just emailed him asking for a paper copy with the details of his findings etc.

Its quiet good this forum isnt it? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom