Domestic heating oil - boilerjuice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Any Boilerjuice customers here?

I get a weekly email from them showing the latest price. A zoomed in X-Y plot exaggerating the short term rise. Then a few words of comfort:

This week oil prices rose sharply after speculation that Iran could disrupt supplies passing through the Strait of Hormuz, seeing Brent crude peak at $125.50 a barrel on Thursday.

This is the highest Brent crude has been since the middle of 2008, raising concern for heating oil users - many of whom are already suffering from fuel poverty.

If you have spare capacity in your tank it may be wise to place an order before the crude price increase filters through to heating oil users

What was this sharp rise? 1.5p on 59p base price.

I like the service they offer, but they're coming across as a bunch of sharks at times.

Moan over.

Any Boilerjuice customers here?

I get a weekly email from them showing the latest price. A zoomed in X-Y plot exaggerating the short term rise. Then a few words of comfort:

What was this sharp rise? 1.5p on 59p base price.

I like the service they offer, but they're coming across as a bunch of sharks at times.

Moan over.

They always send messages to frighten you into buying. When you check your local suppliers the Boilerjuice price is always the worst.

The only useful thing is the oil price graph, but I always pay less than whatever they show as the average price. They also want paying in advance, the delivery is slow, and they are unable to fill the tank to the top due to the prepayment requirement.

I heard that they are owned by an oil distributor, so they are not indepenent.

They always send messages to frighten you into buying. When you check your local suppliers the Boilerjuice price is always the worst.

The only useful thing is the oil price graph, but I always pay less than whatever they show as the average price. They also want paying in advance, the delivery is slow, and they are unable to fill the tank to the top due to the prepayment requirement.

I heard that they are owned by an oil distributor, so they are not indepenent.

Funny how whatever the time of year and the current oil price, NOW is the right time to buy ;)

New to domestic oil, I’ve only bought once through them. I over estimated how much I needed. So the delivery lorry filled up my tank and BJ refunded the difference a few days later 

Interesting to hear that local suppliers are cheaper. I’ll phone around next time to check. Cheers.

I joined a local oil buying group about two years ago and have ''saved'' many hundreds of pounds over that period as against my earlier lazy d/d top up service.
Boiler juice are definitely not likely to be the cheap option, owned by that Ireland based outfit that had been buying many of the distributors.
Shopping around to purchase about 80000 litres/month seems to work for our buying group......I pay the guy who runs it £10/yr.

Mic

Also be aware that the Pikeys have taken to following the tankers on their delivery rounds. Thus ensuring that they have a nice full tank to drain when they visit you the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom