Donald Trump, Alex Salmond and a whole community destroyed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Watched this on Sunday night and was astonished at some of the 'players' in the whole episode.

BBC iPlayer - You've Been Trumped

Goes to show that, in the end, everyone has their price...

Few programmes make me angry, but this one did. To see someone as powerful as Trump speaking so disrespectfully about a man that has next to nothing tells you all you need to know about him and how he operates. Also loved his explanation about how the dunes kept moving about until he "stabilised" them - he clearly just doesn't get it.

Oh, and his dim-witted site security chief is a (not very funny) joke.

Watching that programme made my blood boil.

The obviously biased, uneven handed, bully boy tactics by the police - the way they arrested that reporter was shocking.

The petty actions of Trump's men by piling mounds of earth around people's homes to block their view and hem them in.

The way they cut that gentlemen's water supply off for a whole week and there was little he could do about it (and the police weren't interested). That man was right, I wonder what would happen if he "accidentally" cut the water off to the newly finished Golf course with lots paying guests in it. Hmm, me thinks that the police would suddenly take an interest in that.

The way Trump's men marched on to other people's property removing fences and shifting their farm equipment around. Clearly they were trespassing and again the police were not interested.

Finally, the disgusting language used by Trump to describe a man's home as a "pig sty" and using words/phrases such as "filthy", "how can people live like that". Just sums up Trumps character entirely - he needs to sort out his "filthy" attitude.

Few programmes make me angry, but this one did.

Did you watch it on Sunday night?

I made the schoolboy error of watching it, going to bed and then trying to get some sleep with the programme fresh in my mind, to say I was livid would be an understatement. :mad:

Donald Trump isn't so much the issue here though, the disgusting, wonderfully quaffed vulture that he is, it's that he's been allowed to destroy a site of scientific interest with the blessing of the Scottish government. The clip of Alex Salmond justifying the desecration of a unique part of our island was disgusting.

It's just a shame that this film (and what was allowed to happen) wasn't publicised more around the time of the whole episode.

Any politician that has been anywhere near the granting of permission for the golf course should hang their head in shame.

All of this so that fat, middle-aged men can whack a little white ball around as well...:wallbash:

There was a fair bit of publicity at the time.

Watching that programme made my blood boil.

The obviously biased, uneven handed, bully boy tactics by the police - the way they arrested that reporter was shocking.

The petty actions of Trump's men by piling mounds of earth around people's homes to block their view and hem them in.

The way they cut that gentlemen's water supply off for a whole week and there was little he could do about it (and the police weren't interested). That man was right, I wonder what would happen if he "accidentally" cut the water off to the newly finished Golf course with lots paying guests in it. Hmm, me thinks that the police would suddenly take an interest in that.

The way Trump's men marched on to other people's property removing fences and shifting their farm equipment around. Clearly they were trespassing and again the police were not interested.

Finally, the disgusting language used by Trump to describe a man's home as a "pig sty" and using words/phrases such as "filthy", "how can people live like that". Just sums up Trumps character entirely - he needs to sort out his "filthy" attitude.

And at the end of the show someone from the University saying very much the same thing. Money talks...and in this case it was screaming.

iirc there was quite an outcry about the damage to a unique bit of coastline being irreversible, pointless, greedy and ecologically unjustifiable.

I haven't seen the linked programme.

I am not sure that I want to.

Trump is a liar. The program showed him for that. His claims that he had the support of Wildlife and other organisations was a blatant lie. His disgusting rant about a farmer living in his own home as he chooses made me want to get inside the TV and drag him out.

As a Scot this made me want to vomit. The Scottish Police have some explaining to do as does Salmond. Supporting Trump while he willingly boxes these people in and removes their water supply is like something from a biblical feud.

They should hand their heads in shame at the their vile, odious conduct.

Trump didn't get we're he is being nice and crushing people on his way

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Its the government up here that is largely to blame. The site is an extrodinarly scenic part of Scotland that is worth convserving. The area (I know it quite well) is supplied with golf courses, there are plenty, it does not need another. All the government had to say, is no, not here, think of another site to purchase.

I am all for enterprise and all that, but this has gone beyond that and has entered the sinister and hateful, worse still, is the government is facilitating it.

I am all for enterprise and all that, but this has gone beyond that and has entered the sinister and hateful, worse still, is the government is facilitating it.

When the project was announced it was clear that there were people fawning over him and that the media was astonishingly uncritical.

Numbers were mentioned for jobs and boost to the economy that were simply parroted by all concerned when a simple piece of objective analysis would have shown they were highly questionable.

Salmond was shown to be naive with his involvement.

Trump uses his brand and fame to get the project started. Nobody questions.

At its heart was a new village/resort of houses and a hotel. Looking at it was obvious that the deal is basically about investing in the houses - selling them and making a return that pays for the rest of the resort. So after putting up the capital the developer basically gets it all back and ends up with an operating hotel and course. (Though the property market has kind of undermined that - no doubt one of the reasons that they've not just bulldozed ahead with the houses).

So this was a *property*development that would not have been allowed under normal circumstances. Which is then used to leverage the resort.

The documentary was coldly shocking. It's a clever piece of production but if I think the character of Trump's organisation and his coterie of people opened the door wide open for the film maker and they got what they deserved.

Bit like a western where the big landowner tries to drive off the homesteaders. Rather ironic I thought. Worse I was really disturbed by the behaviour of Grampian Police and and Robert Gordon University. Both organisations should answer to what was shown or stand villified.

Last edited:
Did you watch it on Sunday night?

Yes, and I agree that after all the work Cllr Martin Ford had done to oppose it on behalf of the local population, it was galling to hear Salmond dismiss the environmental concerns as being outweighed by the economic benefits. The fact that it had actually gone ahead had passed me by until I saw this programme.

I remember a previous documentary about this when it was all at the planning stage, and Trump and his goons were doing everything they could to besmirch the character of Cllr Ford - claiming he was unstable and unfit to hold public office, if I recall correctly. Never mind golf, that's just not cricket.

To see Trump talking about how Golfers would not want their day out ruined by the sight of local inhabitants was shocking. For that single statement alone he should have been thrown out of the country. But to then go on and launch a vitriolic attack on somebody who chooses to live in their own house on their own land and cause nobody any harm was staggering.

How anybody could think that this guy is fit to run anything other than a cesspit is beyond me. Morally bankrupt and socially inadequate. Here we have an excuse of a human existing purely on his money that brings others to eat his excrement.

WTF is going on with his hair. Is it a syrup? Who in their right minds would go out looking like that then criticise others for their lifestyle. All that dosh and not a barber in sight.

A sad day for Scotland. I hope his golf course attracts nobody and fails from the word go. Loch Lomond Golf Club struggled with finances so there is a warning.

Last edited:
Look at the interview at 1:08.42...wow!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom