Done it - Hurrah!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Stanton

I've finally placed the order for my car and now I just have to wait. And wait. And wait.

The Spec:

E220 CDI Saloon
Obsidian Black paintwork (with nano paint treatment I hope)
Palma Grey Interior.
Heated Seats
Command DVD
Harmon Kardon Processor
Rear Airbags
Split Rear Seats
Parktronic
6 CD Changer

Sadly my budget limitations (very measly car allowance!) meant I couldn't opt for the comfort leather seats or auto box which is a shame as they're kind of essential for the true MB experience. But it's better than not having the car at all and going for plan b - a bmw 320d with lots of toys.

The garage suggested an April build slot with a May delivery date. I'll expect it in June/July then!

I'm sooo excited!!

Andy Stanton said:
I've finally placed the order for my car and now I just have to wait. And wait. And wait.

The Spec:

Command DVD

A few here jealous of that I expect.

Well done.

Andy Stanton said:

The Spec:

E220 CDI Saloon
Obsidian Black paintwork (with nano paint treatment I hope)
Palma Grey Interior.
Heated Seats
Command DVD
Harmon Kardon Processor
Rear Airbags
Split Rear Seats
Parktronic
6 CD Changer

Sadly my budget limitations (very measly car allowance!) meant I couldn't opt for the comfort leather seats or auto box which is a shame as they're kind of essential for the true MB experience. But it's better than not having the car at all and going for plan b - a bmw 320d with lots of toys.

The garage suggested an April build slot with a May delivery date. I'll expect it in June/July then!

I'm sooo excited!!

:bannana: The time'll fly by! Don;t worry about not having the auto, the manual box is lovely.

Cheers guys.

I don't mind the manual as I've alway had one and love the complete comtrol it gives me. I'm also hoping it gives a better mpg figure too as the auto showed 28mpg which was unexpected to put it mildly.

I know there's been a recent thread showing what you all get so I'll put it down to a) being an auto and b) me being heavy footed and not used to the auto way of driving.

Did you go for Avantgarde?

Command sounds great, wish I had that with the HK system. Parktronic is well worth it, it makes parking such a large car a breeze.

Missed that obvious detail!

Yes I did go for the avantgarde as it's the only spec I've driven. I love the black wood trim, the white dials, the wheels etc etc. The additional chrome outside the car is really sets off against the black paintwork.

The command is fabulous. It's as simple as that. Whether watching/listening to a movie or seeing where you are on a map is a fantastic novelty. The HK upgrade was a day 1 must for me as I love my films and surround sound. I'm pretty sure the amp power upgrade only covers the additional 3 surround speakers so although it'll go a touch 'louder' I'm not sure it'll sound that different in stereo from the standard setup. Which is also teriffic mind you. But bung in a dvd music recording or film and it'll be home from home. Weyhey!!!

ALSO, (and this shows just how excited I was this morning!) I forgot another of the options. I've also ordered the active headlamps for my bi-xenons. So come nightime I'll be impersonating an old Citreon with the swively headlamps. I've not seen them in action yet but how cool is that? Being able to see round corners. Whooppeedoo.

Sounds very nice indeed ! With the DVD Comand, can you watch / listen to a movie / DVD Music whilst the Sat Nav is in operation, or does the Nav disk have to come out ?

I'm sure they have thought of this - just interested !

S.

The nav DVD Disc is located in a changer in the boot.The disc covers Europe not just the UK.

The slot in the dash is for the Movie/Music DVD.

@ Andy, The active headlamps are worth every penny.

Sym,

Much to the disbelief of women everywhere, men can now do two things at once.

The DVD navigation is a seperate module in the boot and the film DVD is in the top of the Command module (works the same way as a single cd drive). So yes, you can do both at the same time and just switch between displays as you please without having to start again.

It'll be just like home again with me doing the channel hopping on the TV and the wife complaining about watching two seconds of everything. I just tell her that's the length of her attention span and leave the room quickly...

Viva La Revolution!

Andy Stanton said:
Sym,

Much to the disbelief of women everywhere, men can now do two things at once.

The DVD navigation is a seperate module in the boot and the film DVD is in the top of the Command module (works the same way as a single cd drive). So yes, you can do both at the same time and just switch between displays as you please without having to start again.

It'll be just like home again with me doing the channel hopping on the TV and the wife complaining about watching two seconds of everything. I just tell her that's the length of her attention span and leave the room quickly...

Viva La Revolution!
Cool !!! I assume you'll be adding a TV tuner to complete the package at some point ;)

(just don't bother with the Comand remote control, and make sure she sits in the back - then you can make her suffer whatever tv channel you like ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom