done secondarycat delete on c63 today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
Been meaning to do it for a while so ordered the 3 new clamps and 4 new bolts for downpipe in case the old ones snapped. £60 from dealer.

Removed center section of exhaust. You only have to take off the left downpipe as the right has a clamp just before the secondary cat.

I then cut the heat shield off (only the top half ) with a thin cutting disc in a small grinder. Following that i cut a square hole out of the top of each cat ( this is all done from the top ) After removing the plates i cut it took a while to dig out the stuff (its harder than you think ) Give it all a good scrape out inside. Then just welded it all back up. Took about 3 hours from start to finish.

Attachments

• IMG_1334 (1).jpg
    IMG_1334 (1).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 109
nice

And now it sounds amazing I bet, mine did, and not too loud either ;)
What amazed me was that at high revs any gas got passed at all, it seems to block so well !!
Anyway I am still looking at getting A front section made up with 200 cel primary's and no secondary's, early next year the way things are going !!

Sound has def changed although i didnt really drive it afterward, so will take it for a spin later.

Few more pics

Attachments

• IMG_1343.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1344.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1346.jpg
    IMG_1346.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 80
And now it sounds amazing I bet, mine did, and not too loud either ;)
What amazed me was that at high revs any gas got passed at all, it seems to block so well !!
Anyway I am still looking at getting A front section made up with 200 cel primary's and no secondary's, early next year the way things are going !!
It's loud!! It's bizzare because a few people have asked me why is it louder than other c63's in the past when it was standard. Although I've seen loads out on the road I've always been driving so never compared it. My wife heard it for the first time since the decat this afternoon when I just started it up and said its to loud and would be imbarrased to go out in it again. Result!!! Lol.

It's loud!! It's bizzare because a few people have asked me why is it louder than other c63's in the past when it was standard. Although I've seen loads out on the road I've always been driving so never compared it. My wife heard it for the first time since the decat this afternoon when I just started it up and said its to loud and would be imbarrased to go out in it again. Result!!! Lol.

Whats it sound like in the car?

Windows shut its fine. No drone. Open the window and you hear the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom