Dont borrow my AMG and complain about the MPG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrhanky

MB Enthusiast
Car
Superb 3.6 4x4 & W221 S500
My father went away for five days and borrowed my E55K as he wanted to feel special (his words not mine).

He dropped it back today and all he did was complain how bad the economy was. I mean who on earth would knowingly borrow a super charged 5.4 litre car and not expect naff mpg. No doubt he will be begging to borrow it again soon.

Ha ha, thats ace MrH.

Did he know beforehand that it's 5.4l? Mrs TDE1 (still) thinks mine is about 2 litre. She knows very little about cars, bless.

TDE1 said:
Ha ha, thats ace MrH. Did he know beforehand that it's 5.4l? Mrs TDE1 (still) thinks mine is about 2 litre. She knows very little about cars, bless.
so does mrs c36 on our way to France she asked me a couple times why you stopping again in the petrol station??;)

TDE1 said:
"Small tank, babe, as the boot's so big" works every time :D
my excuse was exactly that "small tank" :D

Ha ha, thats ace MrH.

Did he know beforehand that it's 5.4l? Mrs TDE1 (still) thinks mine is about 2 litre. She knows very little about cars, bless.

Yeah thats the thing when I bought it I told him the specs and the fact it was a beast.

My father borrowed mine before, he said it was too noisy (I run a complete stock exhaust system). On the other hand, no complaints about MPG because his W210 E280 is not much different lol.

I do know what he means by noise, the W210 E280 is so quite compared to mine but the power is so worth it :D

Last edited:
Ah well. I'd bet he never complained it was sluggish ;)

Dads, eh! 50mpg, and the door mirrors would be too squeaky! :)

Ah well. I'd bet he never complained it was sluggish ;)

Dads, eh! 50mpg, and the door mirrors would be too squeaky! :)

I doubt he stretched its legs, in his B class he drives using the cruise control constantly :doh:

I think he just wanted to cruise about and enjoy the looks :rock:

Hahaha all these poor women , they really must think they don't hold much fuel lol, made me laugh

I drove his W210 the other day, so solid, comfortable, quiet.

The W210 model is excellent... Shame about the rust.

Quite a few people have guessed at the engine size of mine before now.

They start in the 2 litres and work upwards and are amazed when they find out what is concealed (or rather stuffed) in the engine bay.

hahah i used to get the same from my dad but now he's understood that its just a small con against a list of pro's :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom