Dont Bother With This C43! (autotrader not Ebay)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rajinder_1

Car
01' Designo SL320 , 96' C36 AMG, 98' C43 AMG Estate 19' Focus & 96' ZX6R Ninja
Hey Guys, just a word of warning on this C43 on autotrader!
was in bad shape

Mercedes-Benz AMG 4.3 C43 4dr

rust everywhere all four arches were painted to cover rust as well as bonnet!
rust under sills and covered with some sort of fibreglass stuff
seats didn't move
the white seat inserts are dark grey
oil leaking on both banks

Thanks

Raj

This is why it is priced at £5k. If you want a mint one that has been fully restored with NO rust and everything working as it should then buy mine. On this site For Sale :thumb:

A13 BSM c43 amg -

Reason(s) for failure
Nearside Front Upper Coil spring mounting corroded and seriously weakened (2.4.C.3c)
Offside Front Upper Coil spring mounting corroded and seriously weakened (2.4.C.3c)
Direction indicator incorrect colour (1.4.A.2f)
Side repeater incorrect colour (1.4.A.2f)
Vehicle structure has excessive corrosion which adversely affects braking or steering (6.1.A.1)
Offside Front Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Nearside Rear Sub-frame attachment bracket/mounting corroded and its strength is seriously reduced (2.4.G.1)
Exhaust system not adequately supported (7.1.1)
Advisory notice item(s)
Brake hose slightly deteriorated (3.6.B.4d)
Shock absorber has slight corrosion to the casing (2.7.2a)
exhaust system deteriorated

hi I don't think that the c43 should be as expensive as most are making out.

when I looked at insurance they are only valuing at a £2k car!

but I appreciate that the cheaper it is the more that's wrong with it....

but this c43 was absolutely awful!

I have no idea where he thinks someone will give him £2k let alone £5k for that, really bad state..

Raj

Ha he showed me the MOT pass paper with only the advisories on it, at that point there was no way I was going any further, as when I was questioning him about the rust and oil leak he disappeared lol

Raj

A13 BSM c43 amg -

Reason(s) for failure
Nearside Front Upper Coil spring mounting corroded and seriously weakened (2.4.C.3c)
Offside Front Upper Coil spring mounting corroded and seriously weakened (2.4.C.3c)
Direction indicator incorrect colour (1.4.A.2f)
Side repeater incorrect colour (1.4.A.2f)
Vehicle structure has excessive corrosion which adversely affects braking or steering (6.1.A.1)
Offside Front Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)
Nearside Rear Sub-frame attachment bracket/mounting corroded and its strength is seriously reduced (2.4.G.1)
Exhaust system not adequately supported (7.1.1)
Advisory notice item(s)
Brake hose slightly deteriorated (3.6.B.4d)
Shock absorber has slight corrosion to the casing (2.7.2a)
exhaust system deteriorated

Hey Guys, just a word of warning on this C43 on autotrader!
was in bad shape

But, but the advert clearly states ''THIS CAR HAS WANTED FOR NOTHING, THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAS MAINTAINED THIS CAR TO A VERY HIGH STANDARD...''
:D

It was mate! he has soooo missed it in the ad iwas quite surprised at how bad it really was

I have to admit it did sound nice when we started it up but the long list of things wrong with it put that to rest! :fail

Sounds like its good for scrap!:eek:

If you do want one then you won't get a better example than the one Justin's selling in post #2.

Awesome car. I remember it from the PCS show last year where it deservedly won best in show.

rajinder_1 said:
hi I don't think that the c43 should be as expensive as most are making out. when I looked at insurance they are only valuing at a £2k car! but I appreciate that the cheaper it is the more that's wrong with it.... but this c43 was absolutely awful! I have no idea where he thinks someone will give him £2k let alone £5k for that, really bad state.. Raj
I agree with you. A c43 might be a nice car but at the end of the day for a 1998/1999 car to be worth £5000 it has to be at least 90% rust free and not beaten to a pulp. Being an amg doesn't make it worth £5,000 there are decent examples to be had for £5k it just takes time to seek them out.

There was a half decent one on eBay a while back that went for £1000 or so with a mot. A member snapped it up. So they're out there!

5k surely buys a great example. sold my unmarked wagon about 10 mths ago and didnt quite get 5k

I always felt they would start increasing but cant see many making 8k+ just yet

I agree with you. A c43 might be a nice car but at the end of the day for a 1998/1999 car to be worth £5000 it has to be at least 90% rust free and not beaten to a pulp. Being an amg doesn't make it worth £5,000 there are decent examples to be had for £5k it just takes time to seek them out.

Some of the figures being asked for C43s are speculative to say the least and will no doubt sit for sale for months (if not years).

Like you say £5k should easily buy a very good (relatively) rust free example with good provenance, a minter probably no more than £6-7k.

Some of the figures being asked for C43s are speculative to say the least and will no doubt sit for sale for months (if not years).

Like you say £5k should easily buy a very good (relatively) rust free example with good provenance, a minter probably no more than £6-7k.

I would think the e55 w211 would put a cap on c43 prices (albeit I am sure they are rarer).

Typical dealer $hite, actually looked quite clean in the pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom