Dont Forget That You Have A Cycle Rack + Bike On Your Roof!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
This is what my brother did to his 53 Reg 530d last night:

24789_113742385313159_1000003219513.jpg

He entered a Carpark with one of those Max Headroom signs on it, the mountain bike was forced back along the roof rails and into the window! He carries the bike on their nearly all the time for the past 2 years aswell.

I reckon around £1k damage...!

Its just been taken to BMW for assesment :doh:

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Oh, and the bike only had a slightly bend rear wheel

Last edited:
ouch!

1K... Much more than that I would say. I had a really small dint on a z3 and BMW fixed it...over 3K

I reckon around £1k damage...l

If you've suggested that to him then I reckon you should keep out the way later!

BMW will probably want to reshell it, or something.

If you've suggested that to him then I reckon you should keep out the way later!

BMW will probably want to reshell it, or something.

One of my colleagues had a similar one on the same car inflicted by a car wash bent roof in the same area as the OP and shattered the back screen, total bil £6800 :eek:

The rear glass wont be far from £1k.......

However, suggestion for money saving if he is having to pay for repairs himself and not claiming......Can he not get just the body damage fixed by BMW and then claim on his glass cover to have the rear glass replaced....

A friend did exactly the same thing on returning from holiday with two bikes on the roof of his Passat estate , and going into a city centre supermarket with the same height restriction bars : ripped the fixed roof bars right out of the roof ! I believe the bikes were wrecked as well - I never did find out what the total damage came to .

Yep, the BMW dealers looked at it and said its likely to be. I need to find out value for it.

-2003 530d in Midnight Blue (I think its called)
-18" OEM Alloys
-Full Leather
-iDrive + Navigation
-Parking Sensors front & rear
-OEM Bluetooth phone kit

Mileage unknown...
Anyone know if there is a VIN site where you can find the exact spec - or infact that Russian site might do BMW aswell...

I need to find out value for it.

Just wondering why - can't your brother sort it out himself?

If you need something to worry about, I can provide a long list, two items on it involve a volcano. :)

Just wondering why - can't your brother sort it out himself?

If you need something to worry about, I can provide a long list, two items on it involve a volcano. :)

erm, its called helping out your family?!? :dk:

Hes not as Internet 'savvy' as I am. From looking at AutoTrader, it appears to be from £7-8k

Last edited:
Never mind BMW. That actually doesn't look that bad once the glass is cleared away. Any decent bodyshop with a hydraulic pusher will be able to shove the dent out and a proper panelbeater would sort that in no time. The screen probably comes with the 3rd brakelight installed and if not, it will stick on. Get some estimates.

-2003 530d in Midnight Blue (I think its called)
-18" OEM Alloys
-Full Leather
-iDrive + Navigation
-Parking Sensors front & rear
-OEM Bluetooth phone kit

The spec also includes folding roof and full-flow cabin ventilation system; these extras should boost the value.

Wow that is quite some damage. At least it shows the bike racks are secure! It is probably an easy enough mistake to make if the bikes and rack don't make any noticeable difference to the way the car feels when they are on.

BMW

. I need to find out value for it.

4p. 5 at best.

Sorry and all that but this is a Mercedes Forum....:devil:

Car park height restriction - 1. BMW - 0.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom