Don't get caught warning ppl of speed traps..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
look what happened to this guy

here

jeeez, what ever next? :eek: I think he should have played dumb with this and pleaded it wasn't him who put the sign up ;)

Yeah - can't believe he could get a ban for it :crazy:

If i've read it right he got banned from driving when in fact he was stood at the side of the road :confused: . All this on the day a driver gets fined £85 for no licence, no insurance, no MOT, driving away from an accident, not reporting an accident, oh, and by the way, nearly forgot to mention, a pedestrian was killed by said driver :mad:

how can you be banned for standing at the side of the road?

surely a motoring offence has to be commited

Andy

as a correction to the above comment, I've just been informed by Annie, that you don't need to commit a motoring offence as the CSA where she works have the power to suspend peoples driving licences if they don't pay their maintainance!!!!!

Last edited:
I believe can have your licence endorsed if you are speeding on a pushbike!

Shude said:

I wont be buying a nitrous powered scooter then to get me to work :(

Shude said:

I got a ticket on my pushbike - I got a copy of it to prove!

R2D2 said:
this weve got to see!! How??

attachment.php

What was the traffic sign you failed to obey then? Did you got the wrong way up a one way street? :D Still a mean feat - good on ya :D

pammy said:
look what happened to this guy

here

'Usually' some drivers in the oncoming direction flash their lights to warn.

But anyway.... most MB drivers I see are pretty lethargic
(but slightly faster than Volvo drivers).

Hell.. even I drive slow in my MB.. it's the kind of car you tend to drive slowly.

BMW drivers on the other hand don't hang around.

(stereotypically speaking of course)

Last edited:
Sp!ke said:

Jumping a red light is Illegal on any mode of transport, even an invalid car. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Although round my way the cyclists think they are immune from the law. :crazy:

uumode said:
'Usually' some drivers in the oncoming direction flash their lights to warn.

But anyway.... most MB drivers I see are pretty lethargic
(but slightly faster than Volvo drivers).

Hell.. even I drive slow in my MB.. it's the kind of car you tend to drive slowly.

BMW drivers on the other hand don't hang around.

(stereotypically speaking of course)

I used to be like that too ... the supercharger just makes you want to go all the time :crazy: :D

uumode said:
most MB drivers I see are pretty lethargic

Is it :crazy: oh OK then :p :eek: note to self - drive more slowly!!

Although I know what you mean ;) I do drive the bigger merc's more calmly, less aggressively, rather than more slowly. It's too much fun seeing what they can and will do :D As for mine - gotta be done I'm afraid :D

Last edited:
MB drivers (on average) drive slower according to my theory:

1. Usually more mature.. you ain't gonna have a 19 year old behind the steering wheel (but you might)
2. No need to prove a point as you already have a 3 point star on the bonnet.. i.e. at the traffic lights would you really want to take on the white van man?
(and anyway, it would just look plain daft for a MB to vie for space with a white van)
3. Rolls more

However I think the widest 'drive speed to peformance ratio' goes to Jaguar drivers. All Jaguars come with large potent engines and yet even more Jaguar owners pussy foot it around compared to MB drivers
:D

Actually come to think of it, most Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari etc supercars also drive pretty slow despite the number of horses they have.

I fail to see how Obstructing an "officer" can be linked to a Ban offence... I see no reference to it in the RTAct

Vote Tory lets get some sense onto our roads, you don,t know how much it hurt to say that.

gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom