Don't mention the cricket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Is it wrong to congratulate Zimbabwe over there excellent defeat of Australia? :devil: :devil: :D :D :D :D :D :D

What a brilliant game. When the rain came and play was stopped it looked like Australia were going to sneek an undeserved victory, but play resumed and boy was it a close run thing, with just two balls to go Zimbabwe cracked it by hitting a four.

Great game and what an upset.

Now I'm watching football :bannana: :bannana: C'mon England 63 minutes and it's 2 - 0. (I won't say whose winning) :)

John

I guess Friday will now be even more interesting.... Aussies must win for survival... and they meet England, who are our for revenge!!

Followed by another arch rival clash ... should make for an entertaining day of cricket, with a few boundaries no doubt... :rolleyes:

Guess everyone is counting down for Owen after tonight, 9 to go... 10 to get....

C'mon Owen, lets get a few against Estonia on Saturday.

Always nice to see our Antipodean cousins on the losing end for a change, if it happened more often we wouldn't get so excited about it!!!

I am working with some guys in Oz at the moment, so looking forward to a bit of good natured banter in the morning on the phone;)

Got to get it in now before they beat us in the rugby, if we get that far that is, all depends on tomorrow night.:D

I really enjoyed watching Zimbabwe beating the Aussies.;) ;) :p

I think its great for a country that has so many problems. I hope this helps to raise the spirits a little back in Zim.

I think its great for a country that has so many problems. I hope this helps to raise the spirits a little back in Zim.
If only!

I'm sure we all really respect the sporting prowess of the Australians, but we love to see David beating Goliath. I feel sorry for Australia's next opponents ;)

This 20 - 20 cricket is certainly entertaining, but I doubt Geoff Boycott would approve? :devil: :D

Regards
John

It occured to me whilst I was out, that if England and Scotland play football, I win no matter which team scores most.

I am not sure the Scottish Cricket team is going to do brilliant yet! In fact, have we got a team?

And when will Boycott be Knighted? its about time it was Sir Geoff.:)

They gave Saville one!!

They gave Saville one!!
Me thinks knocking ten bells out of his girlfriend did not do his prospects any good at all. Smoking cannibis however:
IBGold.jpg

What a great all rounder and someone that you could rely upon to entertain. Sir Beefo :)

Just been watching the West Indies. In one over:
1, 1, 6, 6, 6, 4. (I had to make sure I got the balls in the right place) and yes Scotland are there somewhere, someone has to make up the numbers :devil: :devil:

Regards
John

) and yes Scotland are there somewhere, someone has to make up the numbers :devil: :devil:

Better to have played and Lost than not to have played at all! At least you could say we gave it a go!

Sir Beef and Lord Boycott of Yorkshire then?

It occured to me whilst I was out, that if England and Scotland play football, I win no matter which team scores most.

I am not sure the Scottish Cricket team is going to do brilliant yet! In fact, have we got a team?

They gave Saville one!!

Does anyone, other than English expatriates and public school boys, play cricket in Scotland?

Does anyone, other than English expatriates and public school boys, play cricket in Scotland?
dunno so i looked about.

[url="http://www.cricket.co.uk/]jockitters[/url]

This 20 - 20 cricket is certainly entertaining, but I doubt Geoff Boycott would approve? :devil: :D

Regards
John

Boycott bored with one or two runs in the time these guys knock up a 100. Or have I exaggerated his speed?
Wait for it, someone will say,'Geoff who?'

Last edited:
Boycott bored with one or two runs in the time these guys knock up a 100. Or have I exaggerated his speed?
Wait for it, someone will say,'Geoff who?'
:D It never failed to amaze me how he would not even blink when a West Indian bowler would whack the ball into his body at speeds in excess of 90mph. Nothing, but nothing would phase that man, but I totally agree the advent of one day cricket saw the end of this player's career. He believed in wearing out the bowler before taking them on. Fearless, absolutely fearless and none of this 'ere helmet, or extra protection.

display.asp

Edit:
Bangdalesh is making the West Indies look less than average. Ashraful has hit 55 off of 20 balls. Yes 55 runs from under four overs. If the West Indies loose this game (and I'm guessing they will) They are out of the competition!

John

Last edited:

And who pray opened the batting for Essex for many many years.....a Scotsman......:D :D

Went by the name of Brian Hardie just in case you were wondering......and wasn't there an MCC captain of Celtic origin???

Gavin Hamilton has the honour of being a scotsman who has played test cricket for England in 1999 against South Africa as well as playing (non test) forScotland.

He actually played for scotland yesterday in the 20/20 against Pakistan in durban. Pakistan beat them by 51runs.

See here http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/14020.html

West Indies are out and on their way home? Now it's England's turn.

In the warm-up the English coach (manager not a bus) was carried off on a strtetcher with an injured leg, England won the toss, have elected to bat and........

The opening batsmen walked out to take their positions and just before the first ball was bowled the batsman has elected to change his bat? Weird or what?

C'mon England

John

:D It never failed to amaze me how he would not even blink when a West Indian bowler would whack the ball into his body at speeds in excess of 90mph. Nothing, but nothing would phase that man, but I totally agree the advent of one day cricket saw the end of this player's career. He believed in wearing out the bowler before taking them on. Fearless, absolutely fearless and none of this 'ere helmet, or extra protection.
John

Ah you must be a fan of the man. I liked Dickie Bird's story of when he went to vist Geoff for Dinner, Tea or something like that.
Pity he was never an F1 driver though.
He would have got up to all of 30mph 'That were enuff fer me dad, so it's enuff fer me and none of you beggars is cummin by.'
And once more Geoff Boycott wins the British Grand Prix in a record 4 days, 6 hours and 20 mins.

Ah you must be a fan of the man.
:) Nope he was the reason why I preferred watching paint dry rather than watching test match cricket. Fred Truman of that era and then Ian Botham, and my English batsman would be David Gower who was a good batsman and an excellent character.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom