Dont mess with the Norwegian police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As far as I know all police officers around the world are routinely armed (bar traffic police on some places)... ours if the exception? Can't think of another country where police officers don't carry a firearm.

Tbh I’m glad our police doesn’t do these stunts not because I don’t want the bad guys to get caught but because I don’t think it is reasonable putting other innocent people in danger by high speed pursuing of mopeds through the parks and over the pedestrian bridges.

I understand that actually, our police now can and do pursue stolen mopeds, even if the riders are not wearing helmets, and are permitted to employ a degree of 'tactical contact' to bring the pursuit to a halt. They're not (unfortunately...) allowed simply to run the little b******s over, however.

In that particular video the chase was fairly high-risk, but so were the stakes, since at least one of the scooter pair had a hand gun; I suspect the pursuing police knew that, and were very keen to catch them.

Nice to see that the police dont have Andy Pandy methods over there . Like ours do over here . And when the do get catched in the uk the judge gives them a bag of sweets and a tap on the back.

When I lived in Spain, there were two kinds of police, Policia Local. blue shirts, and the Guardia (green) both armed.

I was warned that if stopped by the Guardia. it was "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir"
Don`t mess with them either.

When I lived in Spain, there were two kinds of police, Policia Local. blue shirts, and the Guardia (green) both armed.

I was warned that if stopped by the Guardia. it was "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir"
Don`t mess with them either.
yep, you can chat with the policia local if you now them, but the Guardia civil are always out to fine you. Although they never saw noticed the rear facing seat and its occupants in my W124 until they had told me to move on.

I think that tooled up moped riders would receive a suitably robust response from the UK police. Armed response heli would be deployed and if the miscreant survived the encounter, he wouldn't be riding a moped again for some time.

There are no armed response helicopters in police service in the UK, and if you're implying that the UK police would take potshots at a moped from the air in any conceivable circumstances, I fear you know very little about their procedures. (If only they could...).

as a friend of mine remarked norways version of the sweeney and they "aint had their breakfast yet"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom