Dont Testdrive a C63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thing is the C63 and E63 are completely different, one is arguably the most driver focused Merc ever made that is within the reach of normal folk, and the other is a luxury cruiser.

Personally I would love a C63 with the LSD but not the rest of the performance package, but then when you see some E63 estates for the same money it does make you stop and think. I mean if you are not going to get the stiff suspension etc. with the performance pack then maybe the E is a better bet??

I do agree with the interior..at speed you dont notice it..the salesman kept putting the radio volume on to showoff the comand..said i know what it does and switched it off jsut to ear the engine roar..interior is not great..wished it had CLS or CL type leather double stitching and some nice AMG details to warrant the price tag and something different..This car had the AMG performance pack..LSD is great and those uprated brakes are fantastic..
Once comfy, i did stick my car behind the seat to see the gap..it is not much..The AMG seats are big..backrest is quite thick..so leg room is slightly less to the usual W204..for praticality of a 4 door saloon..the E63 will be a better car..i do agree with the start with the E class..E class is a big seller so it is nicely setup..will see when time comes..I have never driven an E class..maybe one weekend, might go try out and see if i like it..
I am shocked by under 40k price tag..
Next drive i am waiting for is the new RS4 whenever that comes out..

Like others i am waiting for next year as many dealers at the mo are putting their ex-demos C63's up for sale. I have seen two so far which both meet my spec, and are in the low £40's, but i will enjoy the C55 for a bit longer as prices of C63 will drop over the next year.

Have driven both the CLS 63 and E63 both of which were to big but very nice in terms of interior etc. Maybe in a few years time when i get the urge to just cruise.

The W212 will be launched within 18 months so the prices of W211 AMG's will take another hit from 2009 as well.

Edit: my word this forum is sensitive to language - I can't say Richard Lovetts in Swindon - it really is a 4 letter word starting with Di and ending in ck. Good grief.

Well I never, ooh I said, my word, whatever next never in a month of Sundays.

Having the money for something and being able to afford it are two different things. Especially in the current climate, what we can afford is tricky to judge.

The great test drive and back in your own car anti-climax is difficult to deal with. Had a few of those resulting in purchases!

The anti-climax of an uninspiring test drive and the great feeling of your own car while frustrating if you are trying to find that new car is very nice though and luckilly had (only one so far) of those too.

I like my car, and I like the interior so stop dissing it....:devil:

If you buy a brand new £50k car thats what you get!!!! The Audi/BMW interior is just the same quality. Go buy an Aston new for £50k Oh! sorry there isn't one.... You can get a nice E63 2nd hand for that kind of money but its NOT new!!!

I also like the fact no one else has passed wind on my seat, it's expensive but i like that!!!!:D

M.

I like my car, and I like the interior so stop dissing it....:devil:

If you buy a brand new £50k car thats what you get!!!! The Audi/BMW interior is just the same quality. Go buy an Aston new for £50k Oh! sorry there isn't one.... You can get a nice E63 2nd hand for that kind of money but its NOT new!!!

I also like the fact no one else has passed wind on my seat, it's expensive but i like that!!!!:D

M.

Hello,

Granted you like it and I do, it just doesn't look 50K inside? thats all...

oh and wasn't yours for sale with less than 1000 miles on it?

Have you decided to keep it? :rolleyes:

I know one of the sales guy..He did mention people have tendancy of coming in to the dealership for one thing and go out having bought a car and no idea how that came about..
One apparently came in to get his wipers checked bec of noise..ended up leaving having made a deal on a new CLS500..another customer left having bought his wife a brand new B class when husband and wife just came in to get his car a complimentary health check..

I can say the same thing..i was always a BMW fan..went into mercedes just for curiousity but ended up leaving with a deal on the new C180K facelift..family and cousins did not believe untill i turned up in the merc..I have been a fan since a teenager..loved the sound of the straight six BMW engine tone..

I think it is some voodoo thing personally !!..:crazy:

Mods
rolleyes.gif
: Illuminated Sills, Brabus Exhaust System.
user_online.gif

'Illuminated Sills' hmmm, classy:rolleyes:

Hello,

Granted you like it and I do, it just doesn't look 50K inside? thats all...

What does then? What car can you buy with £50k brand new and you would think to yourself...."wow now thats £50,000 worth of car"?

FWIW I haven't decided on keeping it or selling it yet, but I am erring on the side of keeping at the moment, nothing to do with affordability or disliking the car just my choices on what kind of motoring I want to do, just as an insight I might be trying to move into an R8 or V8 Aston they seem to be dropping to a more reasonable value too :), but then again this car is hugeley entertaining.

Maybe I'll take a leaf out of Mr Blueserenity777's book and take a test drive in one....just for fun eh!

M.

Hello,

Your right, few cars do, I think that's the problem when paying a lot for cars. Up to certian levels you expect certain things and the 'look' to be right.

A £30,000 C class, the trim looks ok, I guess at 50K plus what I'm trying to get say is you expect more, more carbon / wood etc, more individually stiched leather, more leather etc etc..to me it looks too much like a C180 inside that's my beef with it?

As you say though, the Audi and Aston (both lovely cars by the way) at the list price again theres a limit I guess to what can be done to make them feel special. At the price they are now though you feel even more smug as you have saved a fortune.

You will however have you get your head round someone else may have "I passed wind on the seat':bannana:

goto go Top gears about to start and a cold one needs grabbing from the fridge :)

Hello,

You will however have you get your head round someone else may have "I passed wind on the seat':bannana:

He he, for a C63 thats my privelege for an £80k car at £50k i suppose I'll let someone else have the honour......as will the person who has my car for £33.5k

Enjoy T.G.

Mods
rolleyes.gif
: Illuminated Sills, Brabus Exhaust System.
user_online.gif

'Illuminated Sills' hmmm, classy:rolleyes:

Yup..It is the Mercedes Benz lettering with the light blue glow when you open the doors...looks well with the black bodywork and black interior..

What does then? What car can you buy with £50k brand new and you would think to yourself...."wow now thats £50,000 worth of car"?
M.

You're taking this a bit personally, I think.
I was incredibly excited when I first heard about the W204 C63, and had faith that Mb would turn out a first-rate DTM-ish road car. The dynamics of the thing are seemingly wonderful, and it's made a much bigger impact on its rivals than any other previous C-Class AMGs - pretty impressive considering that with the W203 MB actually implemented sheet-metal changes (big bucks) to create the C55.

However, having driven the C55 and CLK63, I can categorically say that they were both let down by their interiors, big time.
The engines, drivetrains and suspension systems in both cars were fabulous, but the steering a little 'PlayStation' light for me.
I thought they felt outwardly cheap, the AMG seats in both were rather underwhelming and I laughed out loud when I asked a mate of mine how much he thought the C55 cost new (he was sitting in the passenger seat, I was doing about 70mph in 3rd at the time).
"Dunno, £30 grand?"

I've yet to get inside the W204, but so far the car that was supposed to be a 'return to form' by MB clearly has a few hurdles left to clear.
Hopefully Carlsson & Aigner will get their mitts on it.

You're taking this a bit personally, I think.
I was incredibly excited when I first heard about the W204 C63, and had faith that Mb would turn out a first-rate DTM-ish road car. The dynamics of the thing are seemingly wonderful, and it's made a much bigger impact on its rivals than any other previous C-Class AMGs - pretty impressive considering that with the W203 MB actually implemented sheet-metal changes (big bucks) to create the C55.

However, having driven the C55 and CLK63, I can categorically say that they were both let down by their interiors, big time.
The engines, drivetrains and suspension systems in both cars were fabulous, but the steering a little 'PlayStation' light for me.
I thought they felt outwardly cheap, the AMG seats in both were rather underwhelming and I laughed out loud when I asked a mate of mine how much he thought the C55 cost new (he was sitting in the passenger seat, I was doing about 70mph in 3rd at the time).
"Dunno, £30 grand?"

I've yet to get inside the W204, but so far the car that was supposed to be a 'return to form' by MB clearly has a few hurdles left to clear.
Hopefully Carlsson & Aigner will get their mitts on it.

Fair point, but i only paid £17K for my C55, and in contrast to my C200K it is far superior both in the quality of the interior and the external shape of the car given the CLK front end. Would i have paid full price for a C55 when it was launched - NO. Would i buy a C63 brand new - No - thats my choice, but we also have to respect those that do buy their cars new, and as mc32 say's no one has passed wind on his seat (not that bothers me) so its all about the pleasure of having a car that no-one else has yet thrashed or wiped their snot on the underside of the seats.

At the end of the day you get what you pay's for and as participants in this forum the majority of us i hope are happy with the MB purchases we made brand new or otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom