Dont Testdrive a C63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blueserenity777

Car
Kleemann C-class
I testdrove a C63 AMG today..emm..now I am sad..it was the best testdrive..Went through the Shoreham Bypass, pulled down the window and flowed the pedal..The roar and buzz was mind blowing..This is one sickly powered car..I WANT ONE NOW..getting back into my C180K even with Kleemann boost did not feel the same anymore..

I left with wild thoughts of if i dont eat or do this or that or sell this and that, i might afford one..

The roadholding is exceptional..I testdrove the C55 3yrs back..this is much better..expected the power difference but was pleasantly surprised by the grip,brakes,stability..easy car to drive..day to day..

If you can't afford one, why did you test drive it?

Good advise - lead me not into temptation. Think the wife might have something to say if I made noises about buying a C63, very loud angry noises I bet:crazy:

I can afford one and I did have an afternoon free..Practicality at present times is restraining the push to get one..Want to enjoy my W203 a bit longer..It is a lot of car for the money which is good..Local dealer had 2 sitting in the showroom which was a bit odd..
I do testdrives like many others..nice to talk about a car that i have had pleasure in testdriving..boy,was i glad i did it..

If you can afford one , then buy one ...

No point in tooling around in a C180 if you've got the cash for a C63 !! :bannana:

Get one and enjoy it !

I can afford one and I did have an afternoon free..Practicality at present times is restraining the push to get one..Want to enjoy my W203 a bit longer..It is a lot of car for the money which is good..Local dealer had 2 sitting in the showroom which was a bit odd..
I do testdrives like many others..nice to talk about a car that i have had pleasure in testdriving..boy,was i glad i did it..

There are quite a few C63s hanging about. Was in MB Southend last weekend, they had 2, one in the showroom and 1 outside, and a CLS63 too.

There are quite a few C63s hanging about. Was in MB Southend last weekend, they had 2, one in the showroom and 1 outside, and a CLS63 too.

Big thursty engines, expensive running costs (insurance, etc.) and credit crunch, I guess would be one explanation? :confused:
When I looked last week, the Merc website had 36 C63s, IIRC. 36!

Darren

My dealer seems to like AMG's..they had 2 SL65's, 2 C63's , 1 CL65..a few used CLS55 outside and SLK55..Smart had a BRABUS SMART..

While i was there,someone was picking up a CL500..another was haggling over a SLK55..no creditcrunch for some..

I will aim to get the C63 sometime late next year..will go for the prebooked Exdemo(1st refusal option)..with my specs..so i can say yes or no when car is 3 months and ready for sale to public..

the one i testdrove was the 2009 spec car..

Well I was offered one for under £40k on Thursday, they are dropping nicely!! :)

Got a quote through from Lombard, told them it was £45k and I was putting £10k in, over 3 years with a balloon of £20k it was £568 a month. I think £20k balloon is pretty safe as I sell my cars privately.

I thought that £39k sounded very cheap but see there are a couple at just over £40k already. Now a couple of months back they were all around the £50k mark.
Reckon you will bag one for £35k by February.

If you can't afford one, why did you test drive it?
I once received an invitation to go and test drive a Porsche 968 when it first came out (early 90s I think).

I went along to **** Lovetts in Swindon on the appointed day, and said to the salesman "I am mortgaged up to the hilt, there's no way I can buy one of these". The salesman said it didn't matter - they were in the business of giving potential future customers the experience so that, one day, these people might come back and buy a car when funds permitted.

I thought this was a very imaginative thing for them to do, and I proceeded to have an absolute ball in this 968 for the morning.

By heavens this thing was fast - 3 litre 4 cylinder engine with variocam technology (I'm assuming that either the camshaft opens more valves at high revs like Honda's V-TEC, or uses different profile camshaft lobes at higher revs) - whatever - this thing went like a bat out of hell - great fun - beautiful car - the memory has always stayed with me, and I would definitely be a candidate for a used 911 or perhaps a Boxster one day - the build quality, the speed and acceleration, the noise, the whole package was just fantastic.

So there's nothing wrong with the occasional aspirational test drive!

Does anyone want to buy three children? :rolleyes:

Edit: my word this forum is sensitive to language - I can't say Richard Lovetts in Swindon - it really is a 4 letter word starting with Di and ending in ck. Good grief.

Well I was offered one for under £40k on Thursday, they are dropping nicely!! :)

Got a quote through from Lombard, told them it was £45k and I was putting £10k in, over 3 years with a balloon of £20k it was £568 a month. I think £20k balloon is pretty safe as I sell my cars privately.

I thought that £39k sounded very cheap but see there are a couple at just over £40k already. Now a couple of months back they were all around the £50k mark.
Reckon you will bag one for £35k by February.

Thats quite scary. Still at £35k its got a lot of depreciation left to do. IMHO inside the thing it feels more like a £35k car, not a £50k one anyway.

Cars like C63's, M3's, RS4's are wonderful, but they are an indulgence bought by the well off (but not by the superwealthy who are more immune to lean times) so when there is a recession these luxuries aren't in demand, so prices are falling.

I agree with the inside does not look like a 50K car.

ooh and yes it will go like stink and comments on not looking at the trim at warp speed...well you do. Its only as quick as the next traffic jam :)

I think they still have a fair lump to lose, loads for sale on piston heads. Your right waiting, they will be very tempting this time next year.

C180 to a C63 is a huge jump :) cool

I agree with the inside does not look like a 50K car.

ooh and yes it will go like stink and comments on not looking at the trim at warp speed...well you do. Its only as quick as the next traffic jam :)

I think they still have a fair lump to lose, loads for sale on piston heads. Your right waiting, they will be very tempting this time next year.

C180 to a C63 is a huge jump :) cool

You do feel the cheapness of the interior, everytime you open and close the door. It just didn't seem like a £50k car and TBH I was very dissappointed with this car and every other 204 I gave the once over. I am sure it drives well etc and performance will be excellent. I'd go so far to use the phrase that MB starts with an E and with cheap E63's kicking about you'd be mad to go for a C63 when you could have an E63.

It maybe why so many are for sale...

People not wanting to lose shed loads so jumping ship.

Does not meet their expectations, performance yes, Trim no.

Have to say the E63 (and I would go for the estate) does look at least worth the money..ish :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause anybody offence. :eek:

I just don't understand why people go shopping for anything if they're not buying.

It's not you, it's me...

Mmmmmmmmmm ........ E63

63.jpg

I was in Lookers of Redhill this afternoon, we bought Mrs M a new A class (Motability vehicle).

They had two C200K sport saloons, an SL63, CL500, B150 and a CLC180K in the showroom. The SL and the CL look nice, but not £100,000 worth.....

I actually liked the C class, thought the desing was good and solidly put together.

The B class felt flmisy for some reason...I just couldn't put my finger on it.

One thing jumped out at me though, on the way in was a normal CLK220 CDI sport, the colour was stunning, it was Mocha Black and as the sun cought it it was most beatiful deep burgundy brown colour full of sparkle. It made the car look a million dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom