Don't think i'm welcome at Greenoaks any more...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
As mentioned in my service thread earlier this, I took my car to Greenoaks today for a number of warrantee items to be fixed.
One of the items was for them to do something with the armrest as it was stained with oil from the last visit to them, which I could not remove.

I knew that some parts would need to be ordered, and expected to take the car back in again next week.

Took it in this morning at 9am, handed it over and took the service advisor out to show what was wrong so they knew for sure.

I got a call at 3pm this afternoon saying that some parts needed to be ordered and they would need the car back next week. No problem with this at all as I guessed so already. I had expected them to call a bit sooner as they could only look at the car, and not work on it due to parts.

I got to Greenoaks at 4.30pm to collect the car (only 2 miles up the road), one of my guys took me there. Went to the service desk and was told the car was not quite ready. Strange I thought, anyway we looked at the showroom for 10 mins. Still no sign. Waited for another 25 mins in the waiting area. Now I was close to missing a meeting this afternoon.

Eventually found the service advisor who told me the car was now waiting to be washed and cleaned - she was busy at the time dealing with a guy's S-class which he just cam to collect before me, as they had lost the keyless go card for his car.

When she came back after a further 10 mins of finding the guys key card, I asked if the car was ready. It still hadn't been washed.

This point I was boiling and firmly asked for the car back dirty and asked for an explanation why I was called to collect the car if it was no means ready. I then asked for the service manager and asked the same question who didn't really want to know and didn't offer an apology. I explained my past problems with Greenoaks, oil on the arm rest, bits not being fitted back together and bits missing. No luck getting through to him. There were a few people watching our 'conversation' at this time.

The guy I was with is getting a bit fed up by this time. He is not as diplomatic as me, and I was pleased the car had just come round, incase he gets a bit 'excited'.

Anyway, the car comes round, took the keys from the driver and got in it. Went to put it in 'D' and to my amazement, the wooden gearbox surround (parts round by the shifter) were hanging off.
:devil: :devil: :devil:

Couldn’t believe it!!! It just bolstered what I had been saying to the service advisor.

At this point, the guy I am with goes mad. He goes inside and brings out the service manager with him. After a few choice words that I wouldn't have used and hammering home some points, the service guy was walking back to the door and we were on our way.

I've had it with that place now. Just can’t believe their lack of attention and overall service. A letter to MBUK is on it's way asking for some answers. Oh dear. :confused:

Last edited:
Maff...sorry to read your tale of woe.

As to the oil stain this is very simple to overcome. You'll need to lay yer hands on some IPA (IsoPrpoanol Alcohol) Use it sparingly and it will remove the stain for you .

If the stain is too "deep" it is still possible to solve and you'll need out leather healer.

Greanoaks means you are in Slough or Maidenhead areas. If so I regularly am up and down to the "smoke".I am in London (Enfield and Carshalton) on Monday 10th.

If you care to email me ([email protected]) with your contact details etc, and subject to time limitations I will drop by on Monday and see if I can repair the damage for you FOC as a bit of customer service.

You game for a try? If so email me.:D

You would think after spending the kinda of wedge on the Benz you drive you'd get platinum service.

Not much to say, apart from that sucks!!!

My sister gets better service from fords, when i kicked up a fuss about her fiestas heating.

Compare the price difference, then work that out :confused:

;)

Maff.

I'm sure that Wax Wizzards offer must restore your faith in human nature.

did you write the letter to MBUK while you were still in a bait?? if so it will singe some poor sods in tray next week........lol

Chin up, its got to get better from here. :bannana: :bannana:

Forgot to mention that Katalin says I should write to 'Dogwatch'.... which I assume is the Hungarian version of 'Watchdog' :D

I cant believe that MB stealers are the same as every other Marque !

I expect this shit from Rover - and i get it!

I dont expect it with cars like Matt's - after all the super expensive labour charges are supposed to be representative of the care and attention they give to superlative vehicles !

Mark

Seriously thinking about doing all future work on the SL personally

I think Jim Henson would have been proud of the mechanics ( i don't think they even deserve that ) people in dirty clothes who don't have a clue.

Take your car to that other place to get the work done , hughes of something or other.:(

Yeah, thats where i'm going from now on. Hughes of beaconsfield. Just found out that one of the guys best friends is a mechaninc there, so now there's no excuse!

It's annoying that there is a dealer just up the road from me, but now I have to resort to driving 30 minutes away just to get good service.

It does suck. My car was born at Hughes of Beaconsfield :)

Like him or loath him, funny or over controversial, Jeremy Clarkson speaks his mind and openly says he regards Mercedes Customer Service as very very poor.

If a motoring journalist such as Jeremy manages to still get poor service, there is no hope.

I'm assuming you went to the Maidenhead branch?

Funnily enough when I had some warranty work done on the air con back in July the car was delivered back to me (I worked in Reading at the time) in a filthy state - grubby oily finger prints all over the dash and door.

I took it straight back to them and had the service guy out with cleaner to get it all off!

Unfortunately I have their Bracknell branch as my nearest stealer - does anyone know of an alternative in the Woking area?

R

This was the Slough branch, however the techs swap dealerships I heard. Greenoaks have also bought the Reading dealership now as well! Not really any left in the immediate area that they don't own!

Update:

Mine went in to Greenoaks in Bracknell(they don't actually service them in Ascot) for a 'B' service, £411 later it came back......

I had to ask what they'd found - found something with a back wheel bearing - pronounced OK......

When I got it back there was a wobble from the back at 85mph+ so I took it to the garage and found the tyre to be 16psi low, I then had the wheel balanced to and was told it needed 15gm to put it right - still wobbling!:mad:

The back wiper blade is beginning to go.:mad: :mad:

The front blade had been replaced and was banging on the trim at the trailing edge of the bonnet.:mad: :mad: :mad:

A very nice lady then phoned me from their customer service department - I did not hold back! whilst I remained polite and refrained from abuse (it wasn't her fault after all) I told her that I did not pay £80 an hour to get my car back with more faults than it went in with, and would be actively seeking another dealer to use in future. Her answer was that they would be asking the service manager why the faults were missed.

So the moral of this story is:

Listen to other members of the forum - their experience should tell you something!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom