Don't think Mercedes has to worry about BMW just yet....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

englishdas

Car
57 E200 Kompressor
Look at the state of the new BMW 1 series
670x377Image.jpg

Is there an uglier car out there?

When you look at the new A class concept, which I know isn't a production model but gives us an idea of Merc's direction, I feel sorry for brand loyal Beemer owners. Then again, no I don't, stuff em.

I saw it yesterday and thought the same. I am sick and tired of Europeans offering up endless ******* "China Designs". They will lose respect for the European cars if all they do is copy Asian Design themes........

Exactly!

God they must think the Asians are stupid!

The new Alfa Giulietta is the same (although with the grill looks even more like an anime character).

Alfa grills look like they belong on Ringways latest thread.........:):)

I think the big difference in today’s designs, apart from the use of computers, is that Designers learn how to design at Universities, whereas the design of car is more about intuitive feel than a studied and learnt skill. Ask that Jaguar man who designed his cars in front of his house - total immersion in what is right!!!

Love the Korean efforts of late for a Mum's car, my goodness they’re going to replace BMW, or maybe they have already, in the JetSet suburbs of Auckland at least......:):)

had a good hard look at the beemers in the pic... the black one doesn't look too bad seen from the front... (in a beemerish 5 series sort of way)...

The latest 3 and 5 series are no better. I think BMW need to buy a new jelly mould, the old one clearly isn't up to the job anymore.

Agreed with the new 1, 3 and 5, but, I reckon they've got it just right with the new 6!

Even the interior sucks. The back seats look like theyve been designed by a five year old with a box of crayons. The back lights look stupid. I used to love the eagle wing back lights on the saloons. These look like melted plastic bags

Before you all get too smug.....

Attachments

• 2012-mercedes-benz-a-class-rendering_100304859_s.jpg
    2012-mercedes-benz-a-class-rendering_100304859_s.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 124
Agreed with the new 1, 3 and 5, but, I reckon they've got it just right with the new 6!

It's true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and that's probably just as well. You see, I think the new 6 looks awful, but I have no issue at all with the 1, 3 or 5!! I actually like the new X3. OK, stand me up against the wall and shoot me!!
I think the 5GT is gross as is the X6, and I have never liked their stumpy Z range. But that's just my opinion.
(In my defence, I do love most Mercs!!) lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom