Door catch (literally)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyw

Car
2005 W203 C200K SE Coupe, 05 BMW X3, Kawasaki 636 Ninja
This morning when I got in my car to go to work this happened...

Opened door - got in - closed door **SICKENING METALLIC CLUNK*** quickly opened door and got out thinking the seatbelt fastener had caught in the door.

What has occurred I really don't know but there is a good chunk of the plastic trim over the door catch attached to the door frame hanging off!!!

Definantley wasn't seatbelt in the way, but now I'm left with having to replace the door catch after having the car for 3 weeks???!!! WTF

I'll try and post a picture later

Anyone know where I can find the part number for this?

Andy

part number should be on the part itself

Not as bad as what I did in my youth.

I pulled up at a bus stop to pick up some lovely sixth former I was seeing in my VX Chevette, opened the door, got out and slammed the door shut whilst trying to look cool in front of about 50 school kids and walked round the car to the pavement.
I then heard a sickening crash and saw my drivers door flying down the road. The door had hit the seat belt clip and swung back open and an artic had kindly removed the door for me. :eek:
How stupid did I look, especially with all the school kids rolling about on the floor laughing and the lorry driver trying to strangle me.
Our relationship ended pretty soon after this incident :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom