Door cladding #2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kevin

Car
w124 cab'
Many thanks for everbody's help. I thought I would just let you know how the door cladding removal went. As suggested once the stainless steel screw is removed it is a matter of just pulling the panel away from the bottom of the door and then sliding it to the rear of the car.
However, I found that if you look under the door using a torch you can see the white plastic clips, 7 in total, at the base of the door. Using a long thin electrician's terminal screwdriver it is possible to lever off the 4 arrow head fixings per clip that secure the clip to the panel. I managed to do this without any breaking.
I would suggest anyone with a W124 coupe or cabriolet might wish to try this as I found that grit had found it's way between the top edge of the panel and the painted surface of the door, creating sratches that had rubbed down to the metal and which were starting to rust. This may be exacerbated by the additional vibration of a cabriolet.
I hope the above may prove useful.

thanks for the insight Kev, I will need to take at least one of my panels off to have a ding removed. Now I know how, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom