door damage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timskemp

MB Enthusiast
Car
W213 E220d
Well, just to add to my brilliant driving luck this year (done a lot of miles though in my defense) last week I hit a fallen branch, which flicked up and dented my door and smashed the bottom of the plastic sill...

b4.jpg

Usual local bodyshop said "new door mate, insurance job"...

So it's spent a week in a small bodyshop recommended by a client of mine (and I've spent a week in a Toyota Avensis), who have beaten, filled, smoothed, sprayed and finished it and now it looks like this

after.jpg

And I also got the bumper stripped back and repainted (previously had been flashed over to be sold, lacquer was peeling and some areas had flaked back to the plastic) so now the nose looks like this.

after2.jpg

So, I've saved 75% on the bodyshop quote for repair, yes it's not perfect but it's a 147,000 mile 7 yr old car.

Footnote. Avensis diesel. Quieter than the Mercedes. Smooth riding. Crap seats. Manual gearbox. 50mpg on a run I'd expect 40mpg from the Mercedes. Quick but too light and floaty at speed. Horrible interior.

Look at all that overspray on the reg plate:eek: Can't see some of the numbers / letters!!!

In all seriousness, I need to replace the reg plate as it's grubby and horrible... also the surround is a bit crappy too - any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom