Door Kick Plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

n3thn

Does anyone know, if AMG or MB kickplates are available from the stealers or from anywhere else and know of the price, also how hard is it to fit illuminated ones.

PS i am missing a front MB mudflap anyone know if these can be bought on there own and knw the price.

Thanks guys

Jon

I've heard the ones from the stealers are very expensive not sure how much but £400 spring to mind (Don't quote me on that)
I have put illuminated door sills on mine I bought them from euro car parts £116 inc vat, they look very good when fitted and light up blue.To fit is easy they fit over your existing sill plates.There is 2 wires one fits on the door switch for interia lights the other one goes to a constant live that passes down either side of the car.All wire is suppied in the kit.

oem sills

but you should have specced them with the car mate!
I was quoted 10 hours:eek: labour by my stealership to fit them as an after-market accessory.

I decided they looked cool...but not that cool :(

Re: oem sills

Originally posted by clegsr
but you should have specced them with the car mate!
I was quoted 10 hours:eek: labour by my stealership to fit them as an after-market accessory.

I decided they looked cool...but not that cool :(

Hey?:crazy:

I fitted the stainless steel ones with Mercedes-Benz on them, took less than ten minutes to fit!!

Your dealer must be having a larf>:)

i paid £90 for my original non-illuminated AMG ones brand new, send me a PM if you need a set and i`ll give you the details.

Originally posted by n3thn

PS i am missing a front MB mudflap anyone know if these can be bought on there own and knw the price.

Thanks guys

Jon

had a thought on this I have seen a few mercs with mudflaps on at my usual scrappy all look decent as well.Can't see them being expensive as I got an engine and gearbox undershield for £20 in good nick if slightly dirty.Try them.scrappy

Alps said:
i paid £90 for my original non-illuminated AMG ones brand new, send me a PM if you need a set and i`ll give you the details.

Hi Alps,

Sent you a PM to no avail, so here is a bump - would you be able to source an AMG set?

Thanks!

Anders

Had to bite the bullet, and ordered the Mercedes set (B6 689 0003) at my friendly dealer for €160 + TVA (21 %).

And the final word: Got the OEM sills this morning, and to my surprise they are not a replacement of the existing plastic sills, they apparently just stick on top of the existing sills with double-sided tape.

At the price I would have expected them to be a complete replacement, rather than just stamped out pieces of steel without any rubber-base.

Am I missing something here :confused:

Hmmm.... Will have a go at fitting them tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom