Door lock bouncing up and down on a clk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

will lam

Car
jeep grand cherokee
Hi

Has anyone had the problem before in a clk w209? When I lock and unlock the passenger door lock bounces and you have to constantly press lock and unlock and ventually it would be OK. I see on eBay you can get a repair kit for around £10 and they like coil springs. Has anyone done this repair before? And was it easy

Thanks

If you search 'bouncing door lock' you'll find lotsa info, some ebay sellers of those springs provide pictorial instructions too. I have changed mine, hardest part is get the lock mechanism back inside door in its place. You may need tools like drill, rivet gun and rivets.

If you search 'bouncing door lock' you'll find lotsa info, some ebay sellers of those springs provide pictorial instructions too. I have changed mine, hardest part is get the lock mechanism back inside door in its place. You may need tools like drill, rivet gun and rivets.

Thank you, did you have to use a river gun etc?

Thank you, did you have to use a river gun etc?

Yeah, I had to drill old rivets and remove window slider support in order to get enough space for getting lock mechanism out from door, but my car is W211, W209 may have different construction. Not a big deal though, just prepare.

Thank you

Yes - simple to repair, just take your time in removing/refitting the actuator itself - that's the only fiddly bit.

I repaired one over a year back and it's been faultless ever since :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom