Door lock pin not moving.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

artywood

Car
Mercedes c180 coupes (c204)
Hi
My c180 coupes (w204) has started having an intermittent problem. When I am opening or locking the doors the pin at the top is not moving. Its stuck in the up position even though the door is still locking.
I am worried this is just the start of a bigger issue that may be on the way. Is there something I should be looking at or should I not be worried?
I am not very car savvy so please excuse any silly comments you may think I am asking.
Thanks for any help

Maybe worth taking off the door panel and find the problem.

Yes thats just what it looks like ,,door card off job ,you wont find anything this side of the door card .And as your in there do a bit of greasing up pivots on regulator .

Thanks for the advice OneForTheRoad and optimusprime I think you correct in that I am going to have to get the door cards off.

artywood no problem do let us know what you find .Go steady with the door cards use a plastic tool to lift the door cards .You might find a way to do it on a youtube video .

Hi
My c180 coupes (w204) has started having an intermittent problem. When I am opening or locking the doors the pin at the top is not moving. Its stuck in the up position even though the door is still locking.
I am worried this is just the start of a bigger issue that may be on the way. Is there something I should be looking at or should I not be worried?
I am not very car savvy so please excuse any silly comments you may think I am asking.
Thanks for any help

Have you tried Turning the Pin Clockwise, I had something similar on a Renault a few Years ago, the Pin had become unattached from the Rod it was connected to, but it was still sitting on the Rod, turning it Clockwise managed to Re-tighten it!:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom