Door mirror cover removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chesterpiglet

Car
Mercedes W211 E280 Cdi Sport Estate
Hi all. Can anyone give me please the method for removing the plastic colour coded upper cover for a door mirror on a Viano. Do I have to remove the glass itself to enable me to push the prongs down & if so does this just pull off? Any help much appreciated as always. Rob

I would also be interested in the removal as I wanted to change mine to black, either buy or spray them myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cover on my CLK was removed by first taking out the mirror, then you can see the little screws that hold the front section, through the mount to the rear section

Looking at WIS, the 639 is a simple press catch?

upload_2019-11-4_12-9-26.png

Last edited:
Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately mine has the indicator mounted in a colour coded cover & with a lower black plastic cover. I will investigate tomorrow after removing the mirror- does this just pull out? Thanks again. Rob

This is a "How to" for the Viano mirror cover removal
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The C class is done differently and depends on which model (202/203/204?)
You tube will have a "How to"

This is a "How to" for the Viano mirror cover removal

The C class is done differently and depends on which model (202/203/204?)
You tube will have a "How to"

Mines c class w205

Try this

Thanks
Made it look easy[emoji23]

All done- many thanks. Pretty easy but still took me an hour! So on the Viano you need to adjust the mirror fully down so you can pull the mirror away from the body. This will expose the clips that you need to push through from the inside. Mine only had 4 of the 5 intact but I have attached a photo of the back so you can see where they are. The lower cover has 3 clips I think which are visible when the top cover is removed. Just to add that I needed to replace the indicators as both were broken & then the mirror was whacked when driving breaking one further. Indicators are LED & £26 each from Mercedes Newcastle who were once again excellent. The new indicator does not come with the small screw that holds them in in case you bin yours without removing it. It is also an extremely tight fit so WD-40 & screw it in fully first before removing & fitting. IMG_4584.JPG IMG_4584.JPG IMG_4585.JPG IMG_4588.JPG

Have you looked at the LED to see if its a possible DIY? when I had dropouts on my 3rd Brake Light I took it apart and soldered in some new replacements, cost me around £5

The lenses had the ends missing & water ingress before I bought it although they still worked. I saw a video regarding the 3rd tail light on the Viano where you drilled a hole & re soldered the joint which is what I imagine you did? Unfortunately mine had a hole in it so I had to replace it anyway for around £48.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom