Door mirror indicators not working.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
Both of the door mirror indicators in my w215 do not work.

Everything else works on both sides and I have discounted broken wires both in the mirror housings and to the door control modules.

The leds themselves work because I have tested them with a battery.

I don't think they need to be coded...what's up?

If you've tested the LEDs with a battery, have you done the opposite and tested at the LEDs for voltage with a meter with the hazards flashing?

Is there a fuse for the door mirror indicators?
You seem to ruled everything else out.
They are plug and play when replaced.

If you've tested the LEDs with a battery, have you done the opposite and tested at the LEDs for voltage with a meter with the hazards flashing?

Yep I get a reading on the multimeter at the socket where the led connects....but hard to say what it is because it goes on and off.

Is there a fuse for the door mirror indicators?
You seem to ruled everything else out.
They are plug and play when replaced.

I didn't think there would be a separate fuse for just the indicators in the mirrors and nothing else...therefore I haven't looked for one. The puddle lights use the same connector...they work.

Have you just fitted the LED's? If you have, then their polarity is probably wrong, so try swapping the two wires over.

So, there's power at the socket and the LEDs work with a battery connected. So what's between those two test points?

So bad contact at the pins? But both sides?

On a general note... when both sides fail (of any feature) one likely culprit will be a module somewhere - front SAM, rear SAM, etc.

In the olden days it was always a relay somewhere... but I think that modern cars don't have that many relays anymore.

When the door control module on my W220 S320cdi went the indicator on the mirror would not work, I ended up buying a second hand module which is located in the electric seat switch and then it started again.

SOLVED.

Thanks for all your help and to Gordon Tarling who mentioned polarity...you were correct.

I got the left side working by a bit of wiggling. But the right side was defeating me.

The right side mirror mechanism and wiring loom had been replaced earlier this year when I decided to mangle the old one. It was not oem.

By use of my trusty multimeter I discovered that during manufacture at the end which plugs into the door control module someone was having a bad day and had put the two pins for the indicator in the wrong way round. So...I swapped them around and hey presto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom