door pin removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bayman57

Car
C Class convertible Premium plus AMG Line Hyacinth red 360 cam ivory/black
Hi all . I want to change the black plastic door pins on my c class convertible 2017 . on the forums it says use a cloth and grips to gently unscrew the plastic pins ...tried it but the pins just rotate and click but dont actually unscrew !! wanted to replace with a set of alluminium . anyone know if different models have different ways of getting these off ? cheers

Hi all . I want to change the black plastic door pins on my c class convertible 2017 . on the forums it says use a cloth and grips to gently unscrew the plastic pins ...tried it but the pins just rotate and click but dont actually unscrew !! wanted to replace with a set of alluminium . anyone know if different models have different ways of getting these off ? cheers
Just done that job, they pull off. Full instructions (and a few pics above) here:

hth

Just done that job, they pull off. Full instructions (and a few pics above) here:

hth

hth
many thanks will try your advice !!

Same car so it should🙂 Let us know how you get on....
so pins finally arrived and followed your advice they unscrewed and fitted new chrome pins in less than 10 mins ! also have the round chrome covers that surround the pins . looks good and much better than the black plastic . thanks muchly

Good stuff👍 where did you get the chrome surrounds?

What’s the quality/finish like? I am NOT spending £45 per pin on genuine!!!!

What’s the quality/finish like? I am NOT spending £45 per pin on genuine!!!!
Why would you? The quality of genuine is v good, and only cost £17 for two pin assemblies from your local MB Dealer. Part numbers in the link to my posts above.

So let me get this right-those part codes are for OE chrome pins with or without AMG logo?

So let me get this right-those part codes are for OE chrome pins with or without AMG logo?
OE chrome pins as per my pics without AMG; the OEM AMG pins will set you back £40 per pin. Just one reason why driving a Mercedes is more fun😅 only joking, honest.....

got this surround too

Attachments

• DSCF1066.JPG
    DSCF1066.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom