Door Pins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLKGirl

Car
SLK 250 CDI (R172), Porsche 996 4S, 987.1 S, Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8, Honda Fireblade, Honda RC45
I have a nice new set of MB chrome door lock pins ( the ones that pop up through the interior door card) and I want to replace the cheap black plastic ones the car came with.

whats the trick to replacing them? to they just simply unscrew?

Thanks

x

Banned for sexual innuendo and sending kisses to The Forum ;-)

Sledge hammer should sort it out...........

Unless anything has changed, AFAIK, they unscrew if they are the round ones.

My fronts unscrew so I suspect yours will too.

Pliers may be required though.

Thanks all... will go try :) x

What do the new ones look like? They'll tell you how the old ones come off. (i.e if there's a screw thread on the bottom or a push fit square)

For sale nearly new chrome style door lock pins for r172 slk :thumb:
Wanted new set of finger nails!;)

Tony.

From what I have read, I believe SLKgirl may be very fit in cardio-vascular terms so I suggest making your getaway via vehicle rather than on foot.:D

From what I have read, I believe SLKgirl may be very fit in cardio-vascular terms so I suggest making your getaway via vehicle rather than on foot.:D

Struggling to cope with all of this stuff - dark room / cold shower required. :eek:

Dont think that's an option either the slk has my clk beat Cardio vascular fit HHhhmmmm maybe escape vill not be an option!:D

Tony.

What do the new ones look like? They'll tell you how the old ones come off. (i.e if there's a screw thread on the bottom or a push fit square)

You cant really see, it's around hole, and it's quite deep :)

all done...no broken nails ! :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0811a.jpg
    IMG_0811a.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 25
Being put off as you put it is quite enough for 1 day thanks.

See you tomorrow - going for a lie down and will then erect an aluminium tower to paint my house. Busy, busy, busy............

Ooooh... an erection! :thumb:

So, were they screwed or pushed?

:D

Good old fashioned screw :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom