Door scuffs lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deanw23

Car
Mercedes c220D coupe w205 2016
Hi guys,

would really appreciate any help I’ve installed after market light up door seals on my 2016 w205 c class and they work fine with the ignition on but as soon as I switch the engine on they turn off. When the engine is on and I open the door they should still come on I have wired both of them to the passenger side footwell light.

Do the footwell lights remain on when the engine is running?

Hi mate, yes the footwell lights remain on when the door is open when the engine is on but the door scuff lights go straight off. I can’t get my head around it

I have attached a photo I assume there the door seal covers there’s different names all over the internet for them, my standard ones weren’t illuminated so I changed them to illuminated wired both seals to the passenger footwell light as soon as i switch the car on and open the door they don’t work.

Attachments

• 8B9C1745-641F-4FC2-AD06-10F868D86779.jpeg
    8B9C1745-641F-4FC2-AD06-10F868D86779.jpeg
    582.5 KB · Views: 14
When you say wired to the footwell lights, do you mean connected to the supply to the lights? If so how can they go off but the footwell lights remain on? Where have you grounded the sill lights? What are the sill lamps, LEDs? Do they have controller/driver modules?
My only guess would be when the car is started the footwell lights dim and the supply current drops below the required to drive the sill lights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom