Door speakers to amp.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fergalw204

Car
C220 sport facelift
I have some Hertz HiEnergy 165 XL component speakers I would like to install in my facelift W204,
I will need to amp these speakers to get the best out of them.
Has anyone amped the front door speakers, how did you go about wiring the speakers to the amp, did you manage to get the wire through the door grommets or plugs.
I can install the amp easy enough but if it’s going to be a pig of a job to be able to wire the speakers to the amp i may leave it if it’s not worth the hassle.

I have some Hertz HiEnergy 165 XL component speakers I would like to install in my facelift W204,
I will need to amp these speakers to get the best out of them.
Has anyone amped the front door speakers, how did you go about wiring the speakers to the amp, did you manage to get the wire through the door grommets or plugs.
I can install the amp easy enough but if it’s going to be a pig of a job to be able to wire the speakers to the amp i may leave it if it’s not worth the hassle.
A far easier and better quality solution would be to simply replace the existing speakers with a set of Morel components. Unless you really want lots of power, an amp isn’t necessarily needed. The Morels work very very well with or without an amp. They deliver stunning results.

I’ll not be buying new speakers when I have the top of the line Hertz sat around.
I have now decided to upgrade the head unit to a pioneer double din as I’ve had terrible low volume on Bluetooth calling for years, after the HU I’ll do the full install of amp, comps and sub.

Did not know Hertz did speakers, thought they are a car rental company. Live and learn as the phrase goes.

Did not know Hertz did speakers, thought they are a car rental company. Live and learn as the phrase goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom