DOOR TREAD SILL COVERS.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin 1

Car
'05 CLK 200 auto Convertible. silver with blue hood.
Hi all, on my A209 convertible, the kick plates have been kicked to death, does anyone have any ideas where I can get replacements, and any thoughts on fixing ? I've looked on the bay but can't find any.

Thanks mate, it certainly looks right, though it's a W209, not an A209, could they be the same ?

Thanks mate, it certainly looks right, though it's a W209, not an A209, could they be the same ?
As above they are same :)

Reactions: GLK
That's brilliant guys, thank you very much !

CLK, I've bought the one you found, and found a driver's side as well, fingers crossed they're good enough, my old girl's going to be good as new :)

CLK, I've bought the one you found, and found a driver's side as well, fingers crossed they're good enough, my old girl's going to be good as new :)

Excellent! Do keep us posted. :)

Abs

Hiya, pics as promised. Under the sill trim are four claws which engage in square holes in the sill, if you try to pull upwards, they will break off, not a prob if you're replacing them. There are only two fixings, one at each end, try and rescue them or get from MB at £2.50 each. Use plastic trim removal tools, the extreme ends of the trims are soft, so you can ease the tool behind them. Sorry for the duplicate pic.

MERC  DETAIL 001 A.jpg MERC  DETAIL 001 A.jpg Merc Detail A 2.jpg Merc Detail A 1.jpg

Looks good! Great job :)

I replaced mine last August, and it's a reasonably fiddly job in a coupé, as the sills are quite long ... plus my new ones had these insanely convoluted harnesses, and a hundred different connectors, etc - I had to radically simplify the wiring haha ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom