Door Trim Corrosion - W202 Elegance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe_SP

Car
2013 E250 & 1999 M3
I noticed today the the shiney black door trim finishers that go behind the window on the front front doors (B post)are starting to corrode. :mad:

Is this normal?

I assume the only way to fix this is to replace them?

We have had a lot of people finding that this can happen, they are held with 2 screws behind the rubbers and sticky tape, there are the plain ones and pattened, they are a kind of silk screen printed and anodized alli

Mine are the plain shiney black ones - I assume that is standard on an elegance?

Are they expensive from a dealer?

Mine are the plain shiney black ones - I assume that is standard on an elegance?

Are they expensive from a dealer?

I cant answer that sorry, but I doubt if they are expensive, many have changed them, and hopefully someone else will post.
The idea's of spraying them does not work as there are so many variations of black, you also destroy the old ones in trying to get them off

Hi,
Bought drivers door one in lattice carbon fibre for my C43, was about £40.
My old one the carbon fibre pattern had worn off.

I'll be in touch for a pair of the carbon fibre ones soon then if thats ok? Winchester's just up the road from me too :)

Took may car in for the rust repairs on Wed last week and pointed out the corrosion on these trim bits. The body shop manager said thet weren,t covered under the warranty and cost approx £65 each. As they are all faded, i will not be able to just change the offending item and will need to repalce all, very expensive option! Any one know how do i find the part number for these?

Much appreciated

Took may car in for the rust repairs on Wed last week and pointed out the corrosion on these trim bits. The body shop manager said thet weren,t covered under the warranty and cost approx £65 each. As they are all faded, i will not be able to just change the offending item and will need to repalce all, very expensive option! Any one know how do i find the part number for these?

Much appreciated

They're about £45 each from MB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom