Double Din audio/DVD unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Last edited:
Asked if there is an adaptor for this so I can use MB steering wheel controls. Got the following response:

Thanks for your email. Your car can use steering wheel controls with this item without an adapter if the following conditions are met:
The steering wheel control wire KY1 and KY2 cannot be connected to 12V power supply or power supply above 5V.
Make sure your car has steering wheel control before installation

Make sense?

i have one of these things. its chinese. it came with a (counterfiet I assume) version of iGo Satnav. The whole thing is great and is still fine after 18 months of use.....

cheers

Derek

i have one of these things. its chinese. it came with a (counterfiet I assume) version of iGo Satnav. The whole thing is great and is still fine after 18 months of use.....

cheers

Derek

Easy enough to install and can it be used with the steering wheel controls at any level? What is it like to live with (i.e. any gotchas)

Sorry about all the questions!

Steering wheel buttons communicate by CAN bus, the chinese units usually don't speak CAN.
I have, courtesy of a previous owner a chinese unit in my W203 and it's ok for playing radio. It can play movies burned to a DVD, but DVD menus on store-bought movies does not work. The screen is resistive and horrible. The sound quality is ok but barely. The bluetooth handsfree kind of works, except that the mic pickup is bad and lacks noise cancellation, so the person calling you can't make out what you are saying if going faster than 70kph. There is something wrong with the GPS, so the iGO navigation does not work, and there is no diagnostics or anything so you can't figure out what's wrong.
When i'm throwing it out i'll replace it with a second hand becker grand prix if i can find one, or a pio/kenwood/sony HU with BT, without nav and screen - ipads/smartphones are better at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom