Double din for w168

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jesuslovesyou

Car
A190 lwb 2001
Hi Newbie here :)

Trying to find a double din for my w168, heard the c class 200 is the closest fit, but need to er modify it, anyone tried this?

Blessings.

You can fit any after market double DIN to your car, Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood etc... Wiring and facia adapters are readily available to buy from most ICE stockists.

You can fit any after market double DIN to your car, Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood etc... Wiring and facia adapters are readily available to buy from most ICE stockists.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, it appears there is 'no' double din facia that fits w168, thats my point :crazy: It appears some people have had a go using one which fits a c class but you have to adapt it. Wondered if anyone had done this on here?

Seen your DIY capabilities best getting your better half to do it......

I've seen a thread here that describes the modded C Class facia, but the OP has deleted the photos for the "how to":(, so can't see what it was he did.

It says its. Also for the vito 1996 onwards and the vito has normal size hole so dash would need cutting maybe aclass is the same?

Don't think that fascia is right.

The A Class has far less rounded edges.
You will have to trim it if it is for a c class.

It looks like it, maybe you could give them a ring to confirm.

I think its more likely to be this one?

FASCIA Mercedes C Class double DIN > 03

That pic is a C Class one again.
They are very different at the bottom.

A Class...
P1050343-450x337.jpg

C Class....
appradio.jpg

Also I suppose it might be better so have a motorized screen (single din) to add height to the screen position?

Both those are the same, there are around 6 different manufacturers making these fascias, but all pretty much the same.

You definitely don't want a single din fascia in a double din hole, I have taken my appradio out and replaced it with a high end Pioneer, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good.

Have you found a single din fascia then?
Most of them have a tray that pops out, so you can add a double din no problem, that double din pic above was using a single din fascia.

If you are that blind you can't see a normal sized screen should you be driving?

If you are that blind you can't see a normal sized screen should you be driving?

What you on about??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom