Double glazing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lotusmark2

MB Enthusiast
Car
Fiat 500, Mercedes B200
Can anyone recommend a double glazing installer (either in the North West or national) Time to bite the bullet and get my wood double glazing replaced (roughly translates to, I cant be ****d to paint them again!)
Cheers
Mark

Mark,

I found a few years ago that by having two companies competing for my business drops their quotes down to something more reasonable.

One peice of advice. Don't let them talk to you forever (4 hours) and then try and persuade you to pay a cheque or agree to a loan or anything.

I'm afraid I can't reccomend an installer, but you need to be sure that they are now a FENSA approved company (you'll need the certificate if you sell the property)

Check this out...
http://www.1st-4-upvc-double-glazing.co.uk/fensa.html

and this...
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/local-services/double-glazing-in-general/434400/

hth

I used a company called Coldseal. they ended up, after some laughs, about £200 dearer than a local fitter type who sourced his glass from the same place. they had to come back after a week as one set of drain holes didn't have any holes in the rain came in. however they sorted it in about 20mins and checked the rest. and the windows have been in 4years and still look good, altho someone needs to wash them.

they are good quailty.

Possibly not a good idea to use the Bog Off man. Big house, lots of money, window firm might be used for seeing thru errr errr say no more eh?

Hint. looks like Talc!

We used a local bloke who came via recommendation and was not FENSA registered - I was concerned about this but I think the FENSA thing is blown out of all proportion. Our windows were installed properly and the price was very attractive. The local council will sort out the FENSA stuff for you - it cost us about £70. Basically an inspector comes round after the installation has been completed and checks the general installation, that the correct glass has been used (safety glass where required) the locks are ok and that's about it. You then get a certificate from the council confirming that the installation is legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom